Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

rjw63

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we win is it down to good management or injuries to the other team? Just wondering how this injury excuse works?

We should have enough to give them a game and that's what I expect from tonight

You're just mad because Big John is going soon; come on admit it lol. :P

Torres has said on record that he hates playing against Cuellar?

So the bloke picks the 2 chucklebrothers at centrehalf again.

Edit : never mind just heard he aint playing will probably concede 3 now instead of 5

If we win is it down to good management or injuries to the other team? Just wondering how this injury excuse works?

What happens is, some players get injured or sick, sometimes they even have extenuating circumstances outside of football and because of this they aren't able to play.

Sometimes a player might be a touch off his best, maybe carrying a knock or a muscle strain, maybe feeling unwell, but still able to play.

So, when you've got a few of these "injuries" your team starts to become noticeably different and (assuming you've been picking the right players in the first place) it is weakened.

In terms of ourselves, we're going through a period where this is true, in fact, it's the worst period for injuries in the club in living memory - we have nine players out "injured" and another half a dozen just about able to play with the help of the physio and a bit of caution.

Liverpool are also missing three or four players, but don't have the same severity of problem.

If we win, I'm sure there will be a number of different factors behind it, if we don't then I'm equally sure there will be a number of factors behind that too - injuries will absolutely be one of those, although that doesn't mean our "best" eleven would have won - what it does mean is that a victory tonight given the much depleted nature of our squad would be an impressive if unlikely achievement.

Hope that helps.

Time to step up Stephen Ireland, I will be watching the **** like a hawk seeing if he continues to back out of any physical contact tonight. I would love lots of people after the game telling me I was wrong and that he has a had a blinder.....but I wont hold my breath!

Ireland is playing with 2 defensive midfielders...... this is how everyone said he likes to play and how he did at City.

With no Bannan, it will be all Ireland in AM position, which is what we are led to believe he wants. So THIS is his make or break game imo. If he has a howler, then cant really see him sticking around much longer. We are giving him everything he wants now!