How far is your daily commute?

The_Rev

How far is your daily commute?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. How far is your daily commute?

• I work at home or within walking distance of home.
    • Less than 5 miles.
    • About 10 miles.
    • About 15 miles.
    • About 20 miles.
    • About 30 miles.
    • More than 30 but less than 50 miles.
    • More than 50 but less than 100 miles.
    • More than 100 miles (please state)
    • I work so far from home that I stay away and return at weekends.

Just a curiosity really, how far is the average VTers commute? Probably only for those in full time work as those in education tend to have very short journeys to make.

I live in Nuneaton and have worked in Birmingham for nine years, door to door is currently 18.5 miles. I see countless people who commute more than 120 miles a day from Birmingham to London though. So, what is typical?

Five minutes door to desk. I was just told this morning that I'm being made redundant though, so unless I can find another job in the same building that's due to change in the next 2 months. :bang:

About 20 miles one way for me, Macclesfield to Old Trafford.

Takes about half an hour in the morning, and 45 minutes on the way home, which is not too bad at all.

My commute (Great Barr to Birmingham City Centre) measures at 6.94 miles. As it's above 5 miles, I've selected the next option - That being under 10 miles.

Morning journey in is easy, as leave the house around 6.40am and sitting at my desk reading VT before 7am.

Getting home is a little more difficult, as leave around 4.20pm, and arrive home just before 5pm

Â