The Dark Knight Rises - Spoilers marked please!

Chindie

agree with you about the strange lack of marketing, i go to the cinema at least once a week and still havent seen the trailer on the big screen, no posters about either iirc whereas MiB3 and avengers are now in full swing, its almost like they are letting it self perpetuate at the moment and then no doubt market it to pick up the dregs after (straight from the apple school of marketing)

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did wonder whether they know that a) it's going to be huge regardless, and B) that there are a few big movies between now and July, so are letting them get out of the way and pumping out the big guns in their aftermath.

Doesn't explain why they've not got on board with the viral stuff though. Though I guess they might figure theres little point, viral marketing requires effort that this movie might not benefit enough from to make it worthwhile.

Lets face it, even if the movie is dog dirt it's going to be a licence to print money. The Dark Knight was too big for it not to be. Though critically, TDK could prove to have set a benchmark it can't surpass, perhaps even meet.

yeah if WB go the easy route and attach the trailer to their own major releases id expect to see the trailer before wrath of the titans next week, i know it doesnt always work like that but its still a good size release for them

id be surprised if nearer the release evry time i turn the tv on i see either bale or hardy

Nah, there'd be no trailer before Wrath of the Titans, at least not a new one. You hear ages in advance about trailers, if there was a new one for pretty much the biggest release of the year you'd know already.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very intrigued to see how they will end this one. they make end it with batman just giving it up and have a very dark ending with him ending with lots of demons in his head therefore unable to continue as batman

i think a storyine like the animated film batman under the red hood would be good (obviously without the robin aspect)

Not really a case of them 2 helping each other out, more 2 distributors (Disney and Warner Brothers).

Assuming it does come to pass that a new trailer is connected to the Avengers US release, that is.

Nolan was present at CinemaCon to show a 5 minute 'sizzle reel' of TDKR which had a lot of new stuff shown apparently, and largely seems to have blown people away. A lot of action was shown, and not much dialogue.

Of the dialogue that was shown, though, was some of Bane. You know everyone complained they couldn't understand a word in the prologue release at the end of last year, and how it was reported they were cleaning up his audio, and then Warner Bros denied it? A lot of reaction to the footage suggests Warner Bros were telling porkies.

Anyway this footage apparently is fantastic, shots of Bane and Batman toe to toe, seemingly a lot of Anne Hathaway footage both in and out of her Catwoman get up, some action shots of Batmans latest toy that some people reckon is one of the most amazing shots shown so far... Theres talk that this 5 minute reel went down so well WB might put it out as the next trailer as opposed to a proper theatrical trailer.

HYPE.

I think Batman should die IMO, Only true way for Nolan to end his trilogy without someone trying to **** with it.

My suspicion is that might be along the lines of what will happen. Bruce Wayne will either die in the effort to stop Bane, or will be so **** he can't continue as Batman by the films end.

Nolan finishes his trilogy with an underlining, definitive end to the story he wanted to tell.

The new footage also includes more obvious shots of Bruce Wayne walking with a cane* so I think we can take it as given that Bane breaks him at some point in the film now.

*Whaddya mean he's been walking with a Caine for 2 films now?

Â