The Dark Knight Rises - Spoilers marked please!

Chindie

The new footage also includes more obvious shots of Bruce Wayne walking with a cane* so I think we can take it as given that Bane breaks him at some point in the film now.

yeah i think this is the likely ending. i dont expect a happy ending on this one

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new footage also includes more obvious shots of Bruce Wayne walking with a cane* so I think we can take it as given that Bane breaks him at some point in the film now.

yeah i think this is the likely ending. i dont expect a happy ending on this one

Bane will break him pretty early on. A part of the film will show him ****, trying to work out what he needs to do to best Bane and trying to recover. Thats more or less a given now imo.

How it ends is more open to debate. Personally, as I've said, I think the recovered Batman beats Bane (+ whoever he's working with/for), but the effort is too much for him and he either dies, or has to give up.

Still not been confirmed to my knowledge if the new trailer is coming with the Avengers... I certainly hope so though, this might be the trailer were we get to see some confirmation of exactly what the plot is going be.

I think I must be the only person who doesn't find Anne Hathaway attractive. She's got a funny face. I was quite disappointed when I heard she was cast as Catwoman. They should have got Michelle Pfeiffer back, even at her age now she's way hotter than Hathaway ;)

Yeah one of the viral spots is on Digbeth High Street...

Indeed it was and I sent it in. :)

Anyway the new trailer is online, good to see a lot more of Anne Hathaway and also Joseph Gordon-Levitt in this one, I think this may well top TDK!

http://tdkr07202012.com

Trailer is absolutely sick. Looks so good, cant believe its only 11 weeks away. In my head I think its not possible for it to top TDK but just believe that it will.

It's a decent trailer.

Doesn't assuage my fears that it's going to be a weaker entry than TDK, but I think it's safe to say that Nolan is going to ramp up the spectacle.

I'm never going to be a fan of Bane, in all honesty, and I'm still not sure about his looks in this interpretation... but I'm not too bothered by voice. I didn't have too much trouble hearing him on a terrible copy of the prologue release from last year, and with this redubbing I can understand every word. And I kinda like the accent he has, theres something calculatingly sinster about his voice. I do think they might have overblown the dub though now, he's too clear - it's like he's got a small megaphone when he's talking, he's over the top of all the sounds too much.

It's looking good, anyway. It'll be good to see an enemy that can take Batman on toe to toe - no-one in Nolan's universe thus far has really chose to brawl it out with him. Sure the Joker took him on but that was like a beating on a disorientated man than a proper fight. And given whats been said about the portrayal of Bane as a truly brutal adversary, I'm excited.

Not sure about having as large a Catwoman focus as this seems to suggest it will have though. As much as I'm happy to see Hathaway in tight catsuits, I'm not a great fan of the character.

• 3 weeks later...
I think it's hard to argue that Ra's al Ghul had a stand up fight with him - he trained Bruce Wayne, he didn't fight Batman.

No no, the fight in the train. Bruce was wearing his suit during that scene, doesn't that count?

Couple of things today - theres been word doing the rounds that the film currently stands at about 3+ hours[/] long. Obviously they'll be editing that down, theres no way they'll release a 3 hour long Batman film theatrically, but that does suggest a few things. Firstly, you'd guess a lot is going to be happening plotwise in this, you'd have thought given a few things we know and a few things we can guess at. Secondly, it suggests that we're going to be getting a pretty long film regardless, the worry there being that Nolan was teetering on the edge of losing it with TDK for pace, the final boat dilemma tends to divide people as to it's necessity in that film, if he's ended up with a 3 hour film as they go to really edit it down theres a worry the same thing will happen.

Secondly apparently the novelisation has leaked and is doing the rounds, so spoilers ahoy.

I think it's hard to argue that Ra's al Ghul had a stand up fight with him - he trained Bruce Wayne, he didn't fight Batman.

No no, the fight in the train. Bruce was wearing his suit during that scene, doesn't that count?

Been a while since I've seen it admittedly but I don't remember that fight being much of a fight, really. Perhaps I'm misremembering it. Anywho the point I'm making is that no-one who can really hurt Batman, threaten him physically, has gone toe to toe with him.

I'll have a gander at Batman Begins later just in case that fight had more to it than I'm giving it credit for.

Â