The Dark Knight Rises - Spoilers marked please!

Chindie

Its on the Metro website

In **** 360p.

I know they want to create hype, but they're really starting to piss me off with all this cloak and daggers shite. Stick a 1080p version on youtube and let us have at it.

Edit - Just watched. Want to see. Want to see now. Why I have to wait?

Eh?

It was originally released by Warners on Apples trailers page, including 1080p...

If you can show me how to make that full screen that would be ace.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Talk that criticism of Bane's voice (i.e. a large number of people being unable to understand a word he said in the prologue, a problem I largely didn't have even on a pretty low rent cam recording) seems to have been taken to heart as the studio has apparently re-balanced the audio for the prologue with Bane being made a bit more clear and the engine noise toned down a notch.

Audiences think it's changed, other comments talk of a new dub being sent down.

Believe what you like. I just thought people might like to know what has been a criticism of what has been shown so far is rumoured to have been dealt with.

His original incarnation in the comics had him be South American, a kind of Cuban/general Caribbean background.

I don't get that in his accent in this. It still sounds all over the shop, theres a hint of German and Russian, more than a little Dutch, some kind of generic Scandinavian stuff going on, and then of course the Darth Vader edge the mask gives him. One thing it certainly doesn't sound is the kind of South American Spanish thing you'd probably expect if you knew the character's original basis.

But his origin in the comics is beyond dumb, so it's perhaps a good idea to distance things.

• 1 month later...

Bane-Dark-Knight-Rises-image-Tom-Hardy-549x600.jpg

Dark-Knight-Rises-image-Batman-new-gun-600x448.jpg

Bane-Dark-Knight-Rises-image-Tom-Hardy1-399x600.jpg

Batman-Dark-Knight-Rises-image-Christian-Bale-600x399.jpg

dark-knight-rises-batman-movie-image-christian-bale-tom-hardy-01-600x387.jpg

dark-knight-rises-batman-movie-image-tom-hardy-01.jpg

dark-knight-rises-batman-movie-image-gary-oldman-01.jpg

That mask... still not sure about it.

Been more talk that Hardy plays Bane 'spectacularly'. Given what else has been said about Nolan's Bane (that he's basically brutally violent)... that's promising.

In the trailer Catwoman says something about how you (Bruce Wayne) could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us. So Bane might be part of the Occupy movement seeking to destroy the bourgeois oppressors. Topical.

There's no doubt the Nolans will tie into some topicality, they did so with TDK. But they wouldn't so clearly tie into something like the Occupy movement. The theory behind Bane's motivation so far has leant on him being an assassin for the League of Shadows, the organisation that trained Bruce in the first film under Liam Neeson's Rahs Al Ghul, who has filmed new scenes for this film, tellingly ;)

I honestly can't decide if Bane would look better, or worse, if they'd gone down the traditional route for his look

250px-Bane_DC_Comics_Character.png

I know what you mean, he does look a little underwhelming, especially how he is portrayed in the recent series of Arkham games by Rocksteady and a lot of people will have played those and be used to that iteration of the character.

The Nolan series of Batman films are very much set in the real world though and have more realistic characters, so it doesn't surprise me they went for a more realistic Bane. If they had to CGI him to make him as humungous as he is in the comics it wouldn't really fit in with the style of the other films in my opinion.

Well the real world thing is what made me basically write off Bane as a potential character for Nolan to do - his character is basically defined by his being pretty 'unreal' - the Venom stuff, the prison child back story, etc etc. He's never been my favourite character but I guess I'll let Nolan convince me. Rah's al Ghul was always a stupid villain and he pulled that off.

I just can't get over the mask - its a bit shit. I couldn't make my mind up if it's better or worse than the luchador look.

News on the film has gone a little dark at the mo, which is odd as the previous film had a great (and long winded) hype campaign that was in gear well before the film came out, and also because it's comic rivals this year have both whacked out big new trailers and kicked their campaigns into gear in the last week or so.

• 2 weeks later...
Â