Ratings & Reactions

ender4

Just got back from the game so completely dejected !!

My assessments of the players for what there worth - probably a lot different to what people saw on the T.V.

Friedal 8/10. Done what he could but no chance with either goal.

Collins 10/10. Immense having to deal all them long balls throws etc.

Dunne 5/10. Let Collins down IMO very very average this season I'd drop him for Carlos against Bolton.

Warnock 5/10. Jury still out for me.

L.Young 7/10. Mr dependable as usual.

Downing 7/10. Best game in a Villa shirt for ages.

Albrighton 6/10. Tried his hardest but wasn't his day.

Petrov 7/10 Steady but looked knackered with 15 mins left.

NRC 7/10 If only he could finish.

A.Young 7/10 Worked his socks off but would rather him out on the left.

Gabby 8/10 Held the ball up, supplied crosses and was strong against 2 big lumps.

Heskey 0/10 Don't think he touched the ball when he came on.

The thing that annoys me is weve got very dangerous players, players that can win games, but because we can't keep the ball, they don't get themselves in enough positions to take advantage. From the very start of the game we were trying for the dynamic, defense splitting or impossible pass, when we should be getting comfortable with the ball first and building confidence, even if it means passing it sideways and backwards for a bit. Houliier won't have his team playing like that, hopefully he'll instill a slightly different attitude.

Petrov is a master at the sideways and back pass...so is NRC, for that matter. That's why Gabby didn't get a sniff of the ball. Ireland should have been in there instead of Stan or NRC. Poor choice by KM.

I'm not a fan of either, but tbf, the game does need to be slowed down from time to time and Petrov can do that, but the problem for most of tonights game was as a team, we didn't bother settling ourseles down, before trying the fancy flicks and ridiculous balls.

I agree that we don't play enough through the middle, but I doubt Ireland for NRC or Petrov would've made us a better team, we need him further up the pitch. Ireland should've come on for Albrighton with at least 20 left.

Luckily we'll have a manager in with 33 games left who can hopefully address the problems we're having at the minute. Our bench leaves a lot to be desired to be honest but it's there for a reason. K-Mac gets a 5 from me today. Could have been so much better today.

Slightly worrying that the only CM on the bench was Hogg. Isn't Sidwell fit yet?

Wasn't Ireland on the bench? (Sorry i missed most of the match with work)

He was, but he's not really a CM is he? He should be playing behind Gabby.

Still haven't calmed down, I think my blood pressure is off the scale.

**** off Stoke, I hate you. Hoofball words removed.

**** off Pulis, cap wearing word removed.

**** off ref, useless word removed.

**** off Pennant, cheating chav word removed.

**** off Dwight Yorke, brain dead word removed.

Yorke was sickening to listen to in his praise of Ken Wynne Joneszzz. I'm positive he had his trousers round his ankles and his dick all lubed up, stroking away as he waxed lyrical about big Kenwyn. **** off back to the islands Dwight you word removed.

I **** hate football.

No MOTM poll? I'd go with Gabby. Great first half, anonymous second really but still best of an average bunch. Reo-Coker wasn't too bad either I guess.

Gabby for me, put 2 great crosses into the box in the 1st half and didn't do much wrong the whole game. Looks like he could be very good in that role.

Luckily we'll have a manager in with 33 games left who can hopefully address the problems we're having at the minute. Our bench leaves a lot to be desired to be honest but it's there for a reason. K-Mac gets a 5 from me today. Could have been so much better today.

Slightly worrying that the only CM on the bench was Hogg. Isn't Sidwell fit yet?

Wasn't Ireland on the bench? (Sorry i missed most of the match with work)

He was, but he's not really a CM is he? He should be playing behind Gabby.

I think he can play the position fine, although he's probably more effective further up the pitch. I'd certainly play him there before Hogg.

Yorke was sickening to listen to in his praise of Ken Wynne Joneszzz. I'm positive he had his trousers round his ankles and his dick all lubed up, stroking away as he waxed lyrical about big Kenwyn. **** off back to the islands Dwight you word removed.

I **** hate football.

Yorke kept calling Reo-Coker Reo-Coko!

Ashley Young was a tret for Villa all night long :)

with the ending id forgot about that!

"thats what happens when you give away stupid free kicks" **** you you **** ****!

and who is nigel reo coco? and the stick he gave ash over his header, absolutely shocking commentator, the only time he didnt sound braindead was when he was dribbling over jones

I **** hate football.

Yorke kept calling Reo-Coker Reo-Coko!

Ashley Young was a tret for Villa all night long :)

Glad I wasn't the only one.

Also, is it me or did Yorke not stop going on about "Villa giving away needless freekicks"? And then he had the cheek at the end to say "another needless freekick given away".

**** YOU YORKE. :evil:

Choked!

After the first 20mins, during which we were second best to nearly every ball, I thought we started to run rings round them.....should have had another two easy! Then, second half, the ball spends so much time in the air you'd think it was a balloon!! And KMAC failed to see that certain players legs out there had gone.....crazy!

Plus points, we actually did'nt play badly. Downing was a totally different player and its to be hoped he can keep it up. We just got undone by a cheating bluenose tosser and a referee who, to be fair, missed decisive and blatant decisions for both teams.

Oh well, be interesting to know what GH would have done?.....

I **** hate football.

Agree with everything said here, so pissed off it's untrue.

Just got back from stoke, and as gutted as I am, some of the negativity here is pretty baffling: ''meltdown'', ''disaster waiting to happen'' etc. Thought we were O.K, but essentially unlucky. Ricky dunne looked shaky all game, I agree with the above about Cuellar for Bolton. The fact remains that we should have been 2 or 3 ahead by the end of the first half, failed to take chances, gave the stoke fans (who were poor all game) something to cheer about and paid the ultimate penalty.

Oh well, lets demolish bolton

Albrighton seemed to be putting in some dangerous crosses on the right, but did very little when moved over to the left. Not sure why that happened, and why he wasn't changed back.

Warnock wories me a lot. Gabby was pretty good.

Kmac seemed to have no balls to change things while we were winning, despite signs that we were having problems, and then after their equaliser it was too late really.

Just back and still fuming.

When Whelan hopelessly whacked the ball high into the Boothen in the first minute of injury time the game should've been dead and we should've been down the M6 with a decent point.

It wasn't because we can't hang onto the ball for two minutes in injury time hence giving away a stupid free kick (even though Pennant is a diving clearing in the woods).

Should've killed the game off before half time aswell, 1 nil is never enough particularly away from home and you could see that in the second half which Stoke totally dominated, did we even have a shot on goal in that period?

Stoke are the new Leicester/SHA in the early days for us, physical cnuts who we just struggle to cope with. cue regular injury time disasters. I would've tried to get Ireland on at some stage as Ashley Young was a waste of space in the second half imo.

Still will be back for more of the same torture at the Brit next season as when we finally win there it will be worth the 30 quid.

I just knew in my gut that we'd lose the game after the equaliser. How many times have we done this over the past ten years?

Thought we played some good football at times, no target man to hit, so more pass and move which i enjoyed. We looked more like Everton tonight than the usual Villa and we really had the chances to finished the game in the first half.

We will play a lot worse and win. Just hope the GH can instill a more winning mentality into our team, or at least bring the players in who already have it. I think a lack of winning mentality has been our achiles heel for some time now.

I wouldn't get on the backs of our players for that performance.

did we even have a shot on goal in that period?

2 from what i can remember, albrighton had a decent effort, then after some brilliant play by gabby, reo coker had one that was set up to be tickled into the bottom right hand corner, instead he tried to side foot smash it which was blocked by shawcross with the keeper right behind it

Â