Ratings & Reactions

ender4

Luckily we'll have a manager in with 33 games left who can hopefully address the problems we're having at the minute. Our bench leaves a lot to be desired to be honest but it's there for a reason. K-Mac gets a 5 from me today. Could have been so much better today.

Slightly worrying that the only CM on the bench was Hogg. Isn't Sidwell fit yet?

A combination of incompetent refereeing, boring dross football and a manager with the inability to see beyond Heskey as a way to win the match has costs us 3 points against what can only be described as relegation fodder. 2 very winnable away games at Newcastle and Stoke have been thrown away too easily. What an absolute disgrace.

And here endeth the lesson as to why McDonald is not good enough for the first team.

2 games running, we are totally under the cosh.

2 games running, he should have took one of Downing or Albrighton off, put Young back into the midfield, and he could have gone one of two ways.

Put either Carew or Heskey on to hold it up, or another midfielder to shore it up.

The first game, we got away with it.

The second - was inevitable

Bloody stupid and annoying !

The thing that annoys me is weve got very dangerous players, players that can win games, but because we can't keep the ball, they don't get themselves in enough positions to take advantage. From the very start of the game we were trying for the dynamic, defense splitting or impossible pass, when we should be getting comfortable with the ball first and building confidence, even if it means passing it sideways and backwards for a bit. Houliier won't have his team playing like that, hopefully he'll instill a slightly different attitude.

Petrov is a master at the sideways and back pass...so is NRC, for that matter. That's why Gabby didn't get a sniff of the ball. Ireland should have been in there instead of Stan or NRC. Poor choice by KM.

Thought we played well and were much the better side for long periods, especially that spell towards the end of the first half, Ash should have put us two up. Thought Downing played really well, arguably his best for us.

Stoke are shit, long ball, delap throw, long ball, delap throw, rinse and repeat over and over again.

Luckily we'll have a manager in with 33 games left who can hopefully address the problems we're having at the minute. Our bench leaves a lot to be desired to be honest but it's there for a reason. K-Mac gets a 5 from me today. Could have been so much better today.

Slightly worrying that the only CM on the bench was Hogg. Isn't Sidwell fit yet?

Wasn't Ireland on the bench? (Sorry i missed most of the match with work)

Wasn't Ireland on the bench? (Sorry i missed most of the match with work)

He was although i have doubts over his fitness given that he didn't feature at all.

On another note Lee Probert is the most piss poor official i've ever seen in charge of a top flight match. Both decisions for and against both Villa and Stoke tonight were laughable. If he is amongst the elite referees in the country then i fear for the future of the sport.

When ever he refs villa I know we will lose or draw. Spoke to him on ferry from isle of Wight once and he made it clear he is not keen on villa at all. He is so smug

First half, a very good performance. We didn't turn up for the second half.

Changes were needed, and we didn't get any. We went back to hoofing it for Young/Gabby to run after and that was never going to work.

Richard Dunne far too deep for their first.

I was just thinking how well the referee had done, and he gives such an incredibly daft free kick. It really does make me question if it's worth it, because you can have the best players, best tactics, best anything - and the referee will always seem to decide the game these days.

Hopefully that will put an end to Ashley Young in the centre, too.

Funny how Chelsea get all the good ref's

23rd April 2011 will be a good day. This is the day that shit Stoke side visit Villa Park and get beaten and it will be another nail in their relegation coffin. Send the long ball hoofing one dimensional scum to the Championship.

23rd April 2011 will be a good day. This is the day that shit Stoke side visit Villa Park and get beaten and it will be another nail in their relegation coffin. Send the long ball hoofing one dimensional scum to the Championship.
There's already three teams on my list who I want to see Villa play at home purely because of revenge. Newcastle, Stoke and Man City. It's becoming a rather long list. :lol:

On another note Lee Probert is the most piss poor official i've ever seen in charge of a top flight match. Both decisions for and against both Villa and Stoke tonight were laughable. If he is amongst the elite referees in the country then i fear for the future of the sport.

When ever he refs villa I know we will lose or draw. Spoke to him on ferry from isle of Wight once and he made it clear he is not keen on villa at all. He is so smug

I did want to comment before the match but didn't want to jinx it. No surprise really. Hopefull the last time that shower of shite takes charge of a Villa game :evil:

Â