Ratings & Reactions

ender4

Bitterly disappointing result but like others have said, not without it's positives. For a long period in the middle of the game, our passing and movement was fantastic and showed Stoke up for what they really are - credit to Ash and Downing.

The midfield was begging for a change to be made at the end but lets hope Houllier has watched and learnt from KM's mistakes because with just a few changes tactically, we have a team capable of performing well again this year.

I'm gutted but I knew Stoke were going to just keep pressurising us right till the end.

Anyone could see the players were tiring, Albrighton ran his socks off and looked knackered so why not take him off and bring Ireland on?

It was the substitutions that let us down, I don't blame Mcdonald as I think he is naive in knowing how to best close out a game, even MON didn't know how to close out a game.

And why bring Heskey on when we are looking for a winner I have no idea!

when i was away on holiday O'neil went - happy days for me!

West ham game -still away - great stuff

then I read something in paper - saying MacDonald had been speaking to O'Neil - Oh no....Why?

3-0 down HT at Newcastle - same 11 come out - typical ONeil

Everton - win....... just. No changes

Under cosh today - desparetly need to shore things up - NOTHING.

So sad.

Crap. Villa really have a flair for the dramatic. Villa on the road = Greek tragedy. I hope after seeing that melt down, Houllier is grabbing the FFF by the collar and forcing them to watch the last 30 minutes of the game. Guarantee the FFF will allow him to leave when they realize what a charity case we are on the road :( It's inhumane for them to keep Gerard.

Kevin MacDonald was never good enough to be manager, holding on against Stoke for **** sake.

We just don't have the quality. Its going to be a long, long season of inconsistency unless GH identifies exactly what we need and where we are going wrong.

Petrov invisible again. Should be stripped of the captaincy, he was only made captain as he was MON's lovechild.

The thing that annoys me is weve got very dangerous players, players that can win games, but because we can't keep the ball, they don't get themselves in enough positions to take advantage. From the very start of the game we were trying for the dynamic, defense splitting or impossible pass, when we should be getting comfortable with the ball first and building confidence, even if it means passing it sideways and backwards for a bit. Houliier won't have his team playing like that, hopefully he'll instill a slightly different attitude.

were a car crash waiting to happen you just know it will come sooner or later
What? :? If anything it's the opposite. As I keep on stressing, we've showed we have the quality in the squad to easily beat these teams. The main reason why we didn't tonight is because of poor management. Given the experience that Houllier has in the game and assuming he uses substitutions I actually think we could do really well.

The more things change, the more they stay the **** same. Sick of it. I don't care if Pennant cheated, we had a 1-0 lead with 10 minutes left and lost the game.

It's these results that creep back up on us in April and May, when we're clawing and scratching for a spot in Europe...

3 points dropped yet again when the game was well in hand.

Not only that, but I didn't get the job I applied for.

I want to go destroy things

Â