General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak:

....after we have a chance to review the contract, we will be charting our path forward.

2. We currently have no formal agreements with MLS or Australian League

3. "...doc 2000: as I indicated, our legal folks are working this right now.

4. We are aware of contract timing!

5. Risso: ????? I think I have answered this multiple times. GH is our Manager. We have agreed that he complete his obligations and respect him for his desire to do so.

6. Very tough loss yesterday. Not much I can say that hasn't already been said.

5. Risso: ????? I think I have answered this multiple times. GH is our Manager. We have agreed that he complete his obligations and respect him for his desire to do so.

And when do those obligations with France cease? I'm glad that he's an honourable man, but they don't hand out performance merit money or trophies at the end of the season for being honourable.

Thanks for responding to the Nike kit questions, General. I have bought my two kids the full kits for 3 years in a row now but I will not be purchasing the kit for this year. Nike has treated Aston Villa lack the classic fairy tale step-child for as long as Villa has been in contract with Nike. Nike does not carry anything Aston Villa through their on-line store. I bought the claret and blue track jacket from the Villa Direct store last month and several friends who have Nike store accounts tried to purchase the same jacket directly from Nike on-line and Nike doesn't carry it. Forget the kit, Nike sales no Villa training gear, no jackets, no shirts, no nothing. I know Villa doesn't have the same global appeal as Arsenal and Man U but heck a person can even buy a full compliment Celtic gear and Werder Bremen gear through the Nike on-line store. Having that swoosh across the chest isn't all that great or valuable if the only place you can buy that swoosh is in Birmingham or through Villa's on-line store. If the goal is to broaden the Aston Villa global visibility then Nike really are not holding up their end of the contract. As an avid fan outside of the UK I wanted to share my opinion of the limitations of the Aston Villa brand that Nike fosters.

General, a pat on the back to the club for continuing with the family initiative this year, as per this weekends match.

For the Bolton match I am going with my son, grandson, nephew and his daughter, and taking my niece for her very first Villa match - she has said she does not want to be a Walsall fan and wants to be a Villa fan now :-)

I appreciate at times the club has to maximise revenue streams but please can we make sure that schemes like the family matches remain?

Also can the club possibly do a bit more in publicising the various supporters groups around the country (and the world?) - like myself there are many Villa fans who don't live within a bus ride of VP and these supporters clubs are very much appreciated.

And when do those obligations with France cease?

15/9/2010 :winkold: :mrgreen:

I'm not having a go at the new manager. But can we continue in the same style as the previous manager, in not talking about other teams players and transfers?

I disagree, so my question to the general will be.. Can we not ban the new manager from mentioning other players or teams transfers.

As long as he isn't doing an 'Arry and mentioning other players and the "possibility of an offer" then I see no problem at all.

Hi General

I'm not sure if you have seen an interesting thread about the journalism on the AVFC website today.

It reminded me to mention a long-standing concern about the programme, which I may have highlighted before. In the last year or so I have spotted literally scores of examples of spelling mistakes, typos, poor grammar and factual inaccuracies. I could draw up a sizeable list of all the mistakes I have found just this season. I don't know who takes ultimate responsibility for this aspect, but they need to sharpen up. Our programme has long been one of the best and is rightly a football treasure. This post is not to have a go at anyone, just to try to protect a wonderful institution, because I don't recall seeing these problems before our partnership with Programme Master.

Slightly more tongue-in-cheek, with regard to the website I think we're all fed up with cheesy headlines like "Gift of the Gab" and daft articles on the theme of "such-and-such determined to score a goal/win the next game". I mean what else is a player going to say?!

One last point (and these are all connected with media in one way or another). Let us say, diplomatically, that Jack Woodward is not to everyone's taste. "I'VE BEEN TO THE WEST END, I'VE BEEN TO BROADWAY, BUT NEVER HAVE I WITNESSED ANYTHING LIKE THIS". Would Jack mind NOT screaming Alan Partridge-esque cringy lines over cherished memories of one of the greatest games of my life, the Carling Cup semi-final. To keep fans and critics of Jack happy, the solution would appear to be to make use of technology and give fans the option of having crowd noise but no commentary on such DVDs.

Btw, a big thumbs up from me over Mr H! :)

Hi General,

Martin Swain a local journalist has questioned Randy and the board in his local paper, but something he questioned was the release of Steve Stride? Was this is his decision to go or did the board remove him, running a football club is a huge responsibility and have the board ever considered bringing in a resource like Steve to support the football side of things? Or would this decision be left up to GH?

Keep up the good work and apologies for posts that may have been offensive in the past, the pure frustration of not having a manager.