General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

Cheers for reading General,

A group of supporters are trying to set up an Ultra's supporters group. These groups are quite fanatical an example of such being the Rapid fans who have come to VP these last two seasons. They are set upon creating an atmosphere by chanting constantly throughout games and producing displays of banners and flags i.e. 'Your Nightmare Returns' that the Rapid fans did. Now for the bit you won't like, they refuse to sit down throughout the game. However, many top clubs (Real Madrid, Barca, Inter, AC Milan, Bayern Munich etc) on the continent have these types of groups and they are successfully catered for by working closely with the club in providing designated areas for them to do their thing. I was just wondering whether the club would be willing to work with these type of supporter groups or would they rather distance themselves against this behaviour?

At the moment, the group (called Brigada 1874) are in their infancy and only have 18 active members that did this for the first time against Burnley but it could grow into a larger group because of the appeal to younger supporters.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Were you surprised that yesterdays game failed to sell out? It seems that most of the empty seats were in the upper trinity do you therefore put this simply down to the price of the seats in this area or another reason.

General Krulak here:

1. Re. Dunne: Who plays is the Manager's call, not mine.

Thanks for the reply general. I was just expressing my frustration, and that of the majority of fans, that Dunne seems first choice regardless of form. We have other options at CB.

What do you think of Eric Mangini as HC? As a Jets fan I wasn't a huge fan, but I wish him the best in Cleveland. He basically handed us Braylon Edwards for free (which now I understand because Braylon is a fool). Do you like the Browns chances at home vs. my Jets in two weeks?

I'd also be interested to know if you've looked into reducing the Birmingham allocation for next time we play them? If Sunderland can get our allocation reduced for persistent standing then surely we can ask to have theirs limited if they're going to vandalise the stadium causing significant damage (trashing the toilets this time and at least once in the past). I'm not sure what grounds you can get the allocation reduced but this must be one?

Also as someone else asked, will Birmingham City be sent the bill for this? If not perhaps you could add the cost onto the price of their tickets next time or something.

Hi General

I would really love to go to the cup game at St Andrew’s but, to be honest, I am rather concerned about my personal safety. Can I implore the club to lay on official travel?

It doesn’t have to be free. In fact, I bet I’m not the only one who would part with a tenner just to make sure I get there and back in one piece.

My suggestion would be that folks could get themselves to Villa Park (parking there if necessary) and then be taken straight to the away end. I honestly think both clubs will live to regret any failure to keep the two sets of fans apart outside the ground before and after the game.

For myself, there is no way I will go if I'm getting there on my own steam of by public transport.

Hi General

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I have had a look back and cant see anything recently. Since we have changed beer supplier, on a several occasions in the Lower Doug Ellis, they have no draught lager available, this has happened in both the last two games against Birmingham and Burnley. This means, that you have to buy a small beers for £2.80, so basically you are then having to pay £5.60 to get just over a pint of lager. At least with the previous supplier, the bottles you were buying were near on a pint.

Is there any reason for this? Just seems like the club trying to make more money from the fans inside the ground.

I've been to away games at grounds in London, and these bottles make it more expensive that all of these grounds, even Wembley, surely this cant be right?

General can you tell us what the short term, medium term and long term goals that the board have set the management team to achieve please. Please could you avoid just saying "they haven't changed from the previous manager". Could you say what the goals are broken down into short term, medium term and long term

Hi General

I would really love to go to the cup game at St Andrew’s but, to be honest, I am rather concerned about my personal safety. Can I implore the club to lay on official travel?

It doesn’t have to be free. In fact, I bet I’m not the only one who would part with a tenner just to make sure I get there and back in one piece.

My suggestion would be that folks could get themselves to Villa Park (parking there if necessary) and then be taken straight to the away end. I honestly think both clubs will live to regret any failure to keep the two sets of fans apart outside the ground before and after the game.

For myself, there is no way I will go if I'm getting there on my own steam of by public transport.

I agree, I would happily pay to get to and from St.Andrews without any nonsense!

Hi General

I agree, I would happily pay to get to and from St.Andrews without any nonsense!

Has to be done this way.

Enforced trasnsport to the game, if you werent on the coach, you dont get in the ground.

We have our own share of idiotic fans who will be there looking to cause trouble and this is the only way I can see to avoid serious prblems.

Is the club looking into any soecial arrangements fot travel with this game?

Hi General

Has to be done this way.

Enforced trasnsport to the game, if you werent on the coach, you dont get in the ground.

We have our own share of idiotic fans who will be there looking to cause trouble and this is the only way I can see to avoid serious prblems.

Is the club looking into any soecial arrangements fot travel with this game?

Not only would this infringe of peoples ability to get to the game (what if you are working in digbeth till 7pm and can't get to Aston in time to get the coach to Small Heath?) it would also be highly impractical. How many coaches would you need to transport 4,500 Villa fans 10 minutes down the road? Baring in mind the traffic will be a nightmare the whole idea is highly impractical. The option of coaches would be beneficial for some but to make it a compulsory means of travel is absurd in every way.

Hi General

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I have had a look back and cant see anything recently. Since we have changed beer supplier, on a several occasions in the Lower Doug Ellis, they have no draught lager available, this has happened in both the last two games against Birmingham and Burnley. This means, that you have to buy a small beers for £2.80, so basically you are then having to pay £5.60 to get just over a pint of lager. At least with the previous supplier, the bottles you were buying were near on a pint.

Is there any reason for this? Just seems like the club trying to make more money from the fans inside the ground.

I've been to away games at grounds in London, and these bottles make it more expensive that all of these grounds, even Wembley, surely this cant be right?

ive raised this twice im in the lower north £5.60 for a pint of warm fosters is an outrage

General Krulak here:

1. Oaks: I am not sure what you mean by not posting for 24 hours....I was on the site with a post yesterday!!! I try to post once a day...which, in my opinion is pretty darn good for a Director of a Club...who has a wife who would like to see me once in awhile!!

Sorry General it really wasn't a go at you, but someone at the club should have said something. Im not sure if the said fan has been apologised to yet, according to this Evening Mail story apparently not.

General Krulak here:

1. C4rvillan: This is absolutely the type of thing that should be brought before the SCG...it would spur a decision. Standing is a no-no.

2. markavfc40: We were not surprised that the game did not sell out. It has not sold out in the past 3 years.

3. paddy: No, we will not reduce their allocation. If we did, it would only come back to our fans. Yes, we are talking to the Club about damages.

4. Buses: I will check on this.

5. Lager: Again, let me look into the reasoning here.

6. Richard: I have answered this question but apparently you did not like my answer. You now want me to break the answer down into short, medium, and long term. I am not even sure how you define those terms...and am not sure that they make much sense. The key is the "end game"...have we changed what our goal is for the Club. The answer is NO!! Will we achieve our goal....yes!! Timing is not as simple as defining words.

2. markavfc40: We were not surprised that the game did not sell out. It has not sold out in the past 3 years.

We are talking handfuls of seats General not hundreds.

Attendances against Sha:

2007/08 - 42,584

2009/10 42,788

Over 2000 empty seats on Sunday and much more of the negative rubbish we saw on Sunday and attendances will be affected.

General

Can I suggest something to the board, and further on, the Premier League. (although, I would be amazed if this hasn't been thought of, as it is blindly obvious, and if not, then you / they should be employing me, not the person they are !!!)

The 49's v Denver game at Wembley has yet again brought up the idea of inst this this 39th game played oversees. I think everyone who cares about football is against this idea (and the people who want money money money want it)

So, my idea is, why not have a cup. Similar to the Baseball world series / Superbowl.

Played in Asia, consisting of the top 8 teams from the previous Premier League - thus (this year) Chelski, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs, Man C, Us, Liverpool, Everton.

The asians get what they want - the top teams playing

The top 8 get what they want - money , and it is a reward for finishing top 8

Fans get what we want - no premier games shifted elsewhere

Everyones a winner.

And I reckon, and you would know, you would probably earn more money from 1 of those potential 3 games (QF,SF,F) than the entire Europa League

Seems blinking simple to me - what is the difference between playing this and the Emirates Tornament or the Peace Cup ?

And if you want me to work for you, give me more than my salary with guarentees over redundancy, a company car, my season ticket and free away tickets and I'm yours !

Paul

PS - Baseball - two things

Giants World Series Champions !!. Brilliant, at least I support one winner !. (by the way, Villa Park could learn a lot from AT&T) Did you watch it, I could only listen over here.

Have you ever raised the question why we don't sing the National Anthem here before the game, like in the US, and if you did, what was the answer. I presume some people think it is corny, I myself think it gets the blood pumping and the crowd up - I wonder why it has never been done here ?.

(also)

Blues - well at least we seem to have a manager who recognises the fault, "defensively we are solid, we don't score enough goals" - 4 yrs it's took for someone to realise it !!. We totally totally missed the boat on Darren Bent, nowt is guarenteed, but I'd hazard a guess, if we had bought him, we'd have been playing Inter Milan in a few hours, not Spurs !

General Krulak here:

1. C4rvillan: This is absolutely the type of thing that should be brought before the SCG...it would spur a decision. Standing is a no-no.

Just a reply to that General, every time I've been in the legendary K4 ( Upper Holte End ) everybody's stands. I'm not having a digg at the K4 or anything but I don't see why not if the group has a designated block in the stadium if it isn't blocking anyone's view and to be honest if you can't stand up you can't create an atmosphere. In matches at times theres no noise what so ever, these boys want to bring colour, atmosphere and 100% dedication to the club there shouldn't be a problem ( Unless they cause trouble, which they wont )

Cheers Dave

:)