Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I've still got quite a close relationship with Gérard," said Gerrard. "He gave me my chance at the top level and I certainly learnt an awful lot from him. Aston Villa have got themselves a very good manager and I am not surprised Gérard has come back into the Premier League."

A Gerrard/ Ireland midfield looms ever closer. Come on Randy, do the deal :lol:

do you think stevie g might want to end his career playing under his favourtite manager? :winkold: lol

Nahhhhh, we have our own Stevie!

But I wouldn't mind if Diarra from Real Madrid fancied playing under his old Lyon manager!

On a serious note, I'm really excited at the idea of him enticing a few "bigger" players to Villa!

If we're short of cash then it's unlikely.

But if we have a few bob to spend, start playing well and battle it out for 4th throughout the year (like we usually do) then there's every chance he could get a few ageing stars (pushing 30/31) to come here imo!

I wonder if any of his former players are nearing the end of their contracts at the moment.. Anyone fancy looking into that?

I reckon Lerner will give Houllier some squids to spend.

I seriously believe he was losing faith in the fact O'Neill was so blinded in the Transfer Market. I reckon there is money but after witnessing O'Neill use it all and them leave them players on the bench, he had enough.

someone send a email in to sky sports news and tell em to get there facts straight please, it reflects bad on all of us.

They even have a poll on their own site asking "Would Houllier make a good choice as Villa manager" 54% said yes and that was before the appointment.

tell you what, someone who can write something that doesn't sound like a rant on here and we can all send it in on behalf of us talkers!

I would say something like

A collection of fans would like to point out that we have polled nearly 500 fans today alone in regards to the appointment of Houllier and 90% have said that we are happy with the appointment. I imagine this is more than the people (ginger outside BMH) has talked to in the past few hours and we feel that he has asked a dis-proportionate set of the fans of Aston Villa football club.

I strongly suggest you look at our poll and you will clearly see your report is misguided and needs to be looked at again.

yours,

Villa

tell you what, someone who can write something that doesn't sound like a rant on here and we can all send it in on behalf of us talkers!

A collection of fans would like to point out that we have polled nearly 500 fans today alone in regards to the appointment of Houllier and 90% have said that we are happy with the appointment. I imagine this is more than the people (ginger outside BMH) has talked to in the past few hours and we feel that he has asked a dis-proportionate set of the fans of Aston Villa football club.

I strongly suggest you look at our poll and you will clearly see your report is misguided and needs to be looked at again.

yours,

Villa

Or better still, call them a bunch of money sucking parasites before telling them to go do one Ron 8)

yours,

Villa

I sent something like that.

I've just emailed talksport incase they talk about it on my drive home..

"Hi Guys,

All the talk of Villa fans being unhappy with the appointment of Houllier is nonsense!

On a fan forum (Villatalk.com) we have a poll which shows 90% of 500 Villa fans are happy with the appointment. Sort it out!

Cheers,

Rob"

I fall into the happy category. I think he'll do alright here, I'm not 100% sure whether he'll attain the top 4 position that we crave as it is harder now than it was 6 years ago, but he has as good a chance as many of the candidates listed.

It will be interesting to see a bit more invention in the transfer market. Hopefully he can unearth the next Zidane for us, and by that I don't mean the Togolese Zidane.

I've just emailed talksport incase they talk about it on my drive home..

"Hi Guys,

All the talk of Villa fans being unhappy with the appointment of Houllier is nonsense!

On a fan forum (Villatalk.com) we have a poll which shows 90% of 500 Villa fans are happy with the appointment. Sort it out!

Cheers,

Rob"

That should work, since they proberly think there are only 500 Villa fans in total. Tossers :evil:

Â