Stephen Ireland

Richard

There is nothing more annoying than being blamed for something that isn't your fault, particularly in football.

Ireland has reacted exactly how a lot of normal people would have in a non-professional game envirnonment.

Foolish thing to do, but I would've done the same.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland. A central midfielder, attacking creative player.. gets bollocked for not blocking a cross at right back, after trying to track back half the pitch as it is anyway.

I'm not surprised he told McLeish to **** off.

It's kind of like bollocking the goalkeeper for not scoring all season.

There were spells in the first half when we looked really good attacking. Ireland was picking some nice passes and N'Zogbia (although he didn't play well) was offering natural width. With Keane's good movement that was opening up a whole load of opportunities.

Ireland went off, we created little.

N'Zogbia then went off, we created nothing.

McLeish **** us with 2 bad substitutions.

First half we were attacking well but defending very poorly.

We sacrificed the good attacking to defend slightly less poorly but still pretty poorly.

Ireland has a good eye for a pass, Keane has good movement, good control and can finish. It would make sense to let them combine to create chances, but instead let's stick him out on the right wing, have him covering defensively and then bollock him for not being a better right back than our right back (which is still borderline).

Bannan is dreadful, I just do not get the hype with him. Same as Albrighton, in fact for me we only have two decent youngsters and that is Clark and Gardner

whilst i agree that he was looking a bit too often for a killer pass from deep and losing us the ball. he was in no way dreadfull and his linking up with gardner in particular was very good. albrighton isn't dreadfull either.

fair do's to AM for being pissed off, ireland's reaction was probably just because he'd run a long way tracking back and did his best. nothing story really. AM is probably looking for those kind of reactions to be honest reather than penalising a player who showed some passion...

Bannan is dreadful, I just do not get the hype with him. Same as Albrighton, in fact for me we only have two decent youngsters and that is Clark and Gardner

whilst i agree that he was looking a bit too often for a killer pass from deep and losing us the ball. he was in no way dreadfull and his linking up with gardner in particular was very good. albrighton isn't dreadfull either.

fair do's to AM for being pissed off, ireland's reaction was probably just because he'd run a long way tracking back and did his best. nothing story really. AM is probably looking for those kind of reactions to be honest reather than penalising a player who showed some passion...

I agree with Richard, people are constantly getting hard ons over the potential of Bannan and Allbrighton when in truth the simple fact is that neither of them are actually that good. Both are too small and both are very wasteful when thay have the ball. Clark, Gardner and Herd will all be much better at premiership level IMO.

I'd happily let Bannan and Allbrighton leave.

Back to Irelands outburst I dont think McLeish has the full respect of the players mainly due to the fact that the supporters are NEVER going to get behind him. We are constantly going on about his poor record in the premiership and his boring football and I dare say some of the players

think the same as the fans.

I dont think McLeish is respected south of Aberdeen, yeah he won 7 trophies with Rangers but I am yet to meet a Rangers fan that has anything good to say about him.

McLeish is out of his depth and the players I think realise this as he is known as a failure

Has to start every time.

The build up and movement of the ball in central midfield was at a snail pace today.

Ireland comes on and he starts moving the ball so much more quickly and we created a few half chances from it.

Agreed. Another poor decision by McLeish not to start with him today, was this because of the spat last week?

Probably although I thought he wasnt that petty

McLeish said last week he wouldn't be that petty but I can't think of any other logical reason why Ireland didn't start?

I doubt it's being petty... just being McLeish. I thought it was blindingly obvious that he'd send out as defensive a line up as possible for this game, which means no Ireland.

Stupid really, cos I reckon Ireland is the sort of player who'd be giving an extra 10% against his old club to prove a point.

• 2 weeks later...