Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland POTS :shock:

Laughable.

Hopefully this is just the clubs way of drumming up some positive interest in him in the hope of somebody being stupid enough to take him off our hands. Which they wont.

Worth a try though i suppose.

I don't see what the fuss is about.. The vote is based on the number of times a player has been voted Man of the Match by the supporters. It's all very transparent.

^Very much thie above!^

Player of the season in such a naff season means so little to me it could have been awarded to Guzan for all I care. It's nice that Petrov got an award and Weimann should gain confidence from his; other than that I'm very :| about it all.

Laughable.

Hopefully this is just the clubs way of drumming up some positive interest in him in the hope of somebody being stupid enough to take him off our hands. Which they wont.

Can you not read? enough people have said how it's awarded. Someone at the club ain't just tossed a coin.

Full of tools this place.

Laughable.

Can you not read? enough people have said how it's awarded. Someone at the club ain't just tossed a coin.

Full of tools this place.

:lol:

Harsh but it does appear that some people...

in fairness a coin toss would have been a fair reflection on the season :P

Another excellent performance from Ireland. His effort he is putting in atm is superb. Diving into tackles, running his socks off. Things that are not associated with him.

However it is incredibly frustrating that he is so far above everyone else on the team that his moments of genius are in vain. Some of the touches today and vision were outstanding. Nutmegging with a back-heel, some brilliant turns, great pass to Heskey. With a fit Bent and a new manager, those two could destroy teams if given the chance. Talent-wise, he is our best player by a mile and we should be building our team around him. Some people on here will come out with the usual "he's just looking for a move" bollocks but we shouldnt even consider selling this guy.

Fully deserved POTY.

I agree. I think Ireland has been excellent since he's been in the team. Works his socks off and is pretty much the only comfortable player on the ball out there.

Shame McLeish has him playing so deep really. It's also a shame we have no one who can spot some of the runs he makes, 'cos he's the only player whodoes make intelligent runs, no one ever gives it him though.

I think McLeish should be given credit for getting Ireland playing decent football for us.

Yes I'd go along with that. McLeish hasn't got much right but he has done what his predecessor couldn't and got some good performances out of Ireland. Alongside better quality there is certainly more to come from him. Its a big if though as to whether we will sign players that can help him really flourish.

I think McLeish should be given credit for getting Ireland playing decent football for us.

That's true. Credit where credit is due.

Glad Ireland is playing well ....... but......

Ireland is going to look good in our team. He is the ONLY passing/creative footballer in a the team of 7 defenders, Heskey, a lazy/injured NZogbia and a Goalkeeper

Yep another ' brilliant' performance

One or two nice touches and passes followed by huge periods of nothing. yet these one or two moments of brilliance seem enough to get him motm.

Oh well we are easily pleased since we become so mind numbingly boring and predictable

Yep another ' brilliant' performance

One or two nice touches and passes followed by huge periods of nothing. yet these one or two moments of brilliance seem enough to get him motm.

Oh well we are easily pleased since we become so mind numbingly boring and predictable

carefull mate, you will upset the stevie Ireland fan club