Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way that Ireland was dropped for any reason other than injury last night.

Now the manager is a useless waste of space but he is not mental - he needed that win last night as much as the rest of us.

And no matter what Ireland did he would have started that game being one of our better players in last 2 months.

Let's be honest, none of us would want the task of managing Stephen Ireland.

The moment O'Neill went the club should have told Man City that he was no longer part of the deal. They didn't, and we ended up with a bag of trouble.

The moment O'Neill went the club should have told Man City that he was no longer part of the deal. They didn't, and we ended up with a bag of trouble.

Sparky and Sven both got the best from him (asides from Ireland thing no sign of being difficult), he's hardly impossible. He's been good this season even if hamstrung by tactics.

Where does this 'bag of trouble' label come from!?!? :?

Where does this 'bag of trouble' label come from!?!?

I'm guessing the Ireland situation - grandmother dying (which was in part protecting privacy IMHO (even if in bad taste), I'd expect my boss to take my word at it)

Where does this 'bag of trouble' label come from!?!? :?

From his Man City and Ireland days.

We knew that he was as mad as box of frogs before he arrived, which is why many supporters did not want him.

I agree that he as shown some decent stuff this season, but he is not a player to build a team around.

I would like to see him join the summer exodus.

I'm in the camp that says I simply cannot wait to see the back of Stephen Ireland and players of his ilke out of this club (thats you Charles)

Barring a handful of games he's been a sheer disgrace to the shirt and yes, I reckon he was dropped cos he was probably mouthing the manager off again

I'm in the camp that says I simply cannot wait to see the back of Stephen Ireland and players of his ilke out of this club (thats you Charles)

Barring a handful of games he's been a sheer disgrace to the shirt and yes, I reckon he was dropped cos he was probably mouthing the manager off again

How big are your hands CI? He's been one of our best players over the last 4 months, and before that he'd only played a few games.

I agree with Super Tom... Its just a shame that DB has been out for a while and the fact that Gabby isn't intelligent enough to move before a ball is played. Saying that Weimann linking for the Stoke goal and general movement seems very very good, get the finishing right and he's most certainly a keeper!

Weimann linking for the Stoke goal and general movement seems very very good, get the finishing right and he's most certainly a keeper!
I think he'd be wasted in goal.