Stephen Ireland

Richard

Even at his VERY best, for that all too brief season at City. He was never, in a million miles anywhere near a 25m player.

did more in that season that henderson or carroll has done in their career

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were in a much stronger position as a football club when Milner was sold, plus he was a hell of a lot better than Ireland and he's also English (which as we know usually inflates value a little). Not to mention the fact that Milner is better anyway, has never had a questionable attitude/lifestyle either on or off the pitch and has played at a consistently well since he was 16, more or less.

I'd probably weep with joy if we got Milner back and if Ireland left I wouldn't be that bothered (not taking away the fact that he has looked good lately).

Problem we had with Ireland when he first came in, was that nobody seemed to have any idea where he played. Starting him at Newcastle in the middle, and a couple of other games too, was completely bizarre, and wouldn't have helped his confidence, especially when he got dropped.

I think if he keeps on improving, then he will be at least a £15m player. Not only is he recreating what he did at City, but it seems he actually wants to do more... Tracking back, tackling etc... trying hard for the team in general.

A player like that who tries hard, with the talent he has, is an extremely valuable type of player to have in your side.

Yeah simple ball to Bent was great. But he doesnt get involved enough out wide and lacks a cross. He should be playing where Keane is playing IMO.

Cracking cross for Clark only to head straight at the goalie.

Yeah simple ball to Bent was great. But he doesnt get involved enough out wide and lacks a cross. He should be playing where Keane is playing IMO.

Cracking cross for Clark only to head straight at the goalie.

Wasn't the only one either. He put in a sweet one from the right towards the end but their CBs were well positioned

Another good performance from SI last night. Never thought he would work out playing wide of a three but he links up so well with Keane, bent and Zog that it really worked.

So nice to have a few players in team who can string a few passes together.

He and Keane are by far the best 'footballers' we have and link well together - they see things the rest don't - unfortunately once Keane goes we may see him drop off in form again - whatever I seriously think he will be off in the Summer as he must be one of the highest earners that McEck has been told to shed.

He and Keane are by far the best 'footballers' we have and link well together - they see things the rest don't - unfortunately once Keane goes we may see him drop off in form again - whatever I seriously think he will be off in the Summer as he must be one of the highest earners that McEck has been told to shed.

He's wasted out wide, i'd like to see him take up Keane's role just off Bent once.

This is the best we've seen of him since he arrived, hope he keeps it up.