Cycling: General Chat

MMFy

I bit the bullet last night and bought the 1000.  :)

I've also just finished building a new bike, after trying out a nice carbon bike in Ibiza a couple of weeks ago.  So I'm now the proud owner (parent) of a Cannondale SuperSix Evo HiMod with full Ultegra and carbon 3T team wheels.  It's incredibly easy to ride!

• 1 month later...

Is anyone doing the Birmingham Bikeathon this weekend?  I'm up in the Midlands and want to thrash through the 52 mile course.

And those lovely 3T wheels lasted 6 weeks before the freehub failed on me, about 85% of the way through the Dartmoor Classic...  :( 

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from a 15 mile trek, mostly flat terrain. But my bike fights me, I think I need to trade it in for a better one.

Edited by maqroll

I'm cycling Birmingham to Exeter this weekend, with a stop off in Bristol on the way  Got a route planned at about 265km.  I can't wait to get out on my bike!

• 1 month later...

Moved in with my girlfriend who lives in the sticks. Can't afford a car till the new year so a bit of forced fitness it is. A 3 mile ride, 12 miles on the train and then another 2 miles, 1 of which is up a pretty steep hill. My first attempt up this hill shortly in 2 years, it's going to be a killer.

Ideally I'd like to occasionally do the full trip to work on my bike. A little way off that though at the minute.

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Moved in with my girlfriend who lives in the sticks. Can't afford a car till the new year so a bit of forced fitness it is. A 3 mile ride, 12 miles on the train and then another 2 miles, 1 of which is up a pretty steep hill. My first attempt up this hill shortly in 2 years, it's going to be a killer.

Ideally I'd like to occasionally do the full trip to work on my bike. A little way off that though at the minute.

Be careful, you will be addicted before you know it!

• 9 months later...

I was in favour of a punishment because of the raising of the elbow - I think a crash became inevitable because there was no line for Cavendish, but I think that Sagan decided if there was going to be a crash, he wasn't going to be in it and he made it happen before it happened to him. I think disqualification is harsh.

I'm not a big fan of Cavendish - is he done?

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I was in favour of a punishment because of the raising of the elbow - I think a crash became inevitable because there was no line for Cavendish, but I think that Sagan decided if there was going to be a crash, he wasn't going to be in it and he made it happen before it happened to him. I think disqualification is harsh.

I'm not a big fan of Cavendish - is he done?

I think the elbow was just him trying to stay on his bike personally. Look at his body position when Cav collides with him.

Yeah doesn't look like Cav will be able to carry on. 

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

I think the elbow was just him trying to stay on his bike personally.

I think it was defensive thing, protecting his space to avoid being part of the accident - not thrown, just raised to protect space - anyone who used to dance at the Hummingbird will know what I mean. Disqualification is very harsh.

10 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Sagan has a bit of form for doing whatever it takes to make sure he gets the win. Wasn't Greipel also complaining about being elbowed by Sagan recently?

I think he wasn't happy about Sagan swerving across the front during the up hill sprint. Again, a nothing story and I think Greipel is being overly shitty.

Sagan is definitely aggressive. You have to be to get any position in a sprint. But he's never been malicious.

It looks like Cav was already going down before the elbow came up , and the timing makes it look worse than it was, Had Mark still been upright I expect his arm would of come up as well  and it would of resulted in normal bunch sprint jostling, It is uncommon for a sprint like that to happen without at least one rider thinking they were wronged. To kick him out the tour is a great shame as he has provided lots of entertainment over the years, 

• Like 1

This video shows everything.

Cav came up the inside, Sagan moved over without knowing he was there. Cav then got his left hood stuck under Sagan's arm. Sagan's arm moving was getting untangled which was after Cav was already going down because of his bars being moved when going into Sagan's arm.

Â