Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Yeah, fair play to him. You would think that a player would want to wait until the summer to see what division we are going to be playing in next season but Andi obviously wants to stay regardless, which is great news. No doubt the club will **** up the negotiations though! Lerner probably won't want to give him a penny more than what he currently earns.

He needs to be playing premiership football to continue his development

Him dropping into the championship next season will be a backwards step for him 

I would not blame him if he left 

im sure there will be clubs in for him when we go down

Fair play to him for opening talks over a new deal though

Edited by AshVilla

He must be highest priority for a new deal. Would be a very, very good player for us to have in the Championship. I'm extremely concerned how the minds of Lerner and Faulkner work though and will inevitably mess this up. 

He needs to be playing premiership football to continue his development

Him dropping into the championship next season will be a backwards step for him 

I would not blame him if he left 

im sure there will be clubs in for him when we go down

Fair play to him for opening talks over a new deal though

I think the Championship may help his development as scoring goals is tough at any level and getting 20-30 goals under his belt which he will in the Championship could help him hone his craft, it may also get us back into the Premier League on the first try allowing to take his newly honed proficiency and use it at the level he's suited for.

why would his new contract inclue a relegation release clause? if that was case he wouldnt even be asking for a new contract.

Credit to the lad, always gives 100% on the pitch and deserves it. Some of his higher paid teammates should watch this guy and follow his lead

It would be a safety net for the club. If Andi signs a new deal for say £25k per week, the clause would state that if we go down, his wages would be reduced. It's quite common at newly promoted teams and prevents us from being massively exposed if the worst happens.

If we can't continue shelling out on wages in the Premier League, there's no way we can do it in the Championship.

Best player in our team, passion an winning mentality, captain material! Will probably be offered 20k a week to stay???

Sounds about right to me. Wouldn't imagine any of Lamberts signing being on much more than that, so would fit into our wage structure.

if he's a 20 goal a year guy I'd want 30k. if less, the promise of renegotiation on back of achieved target.

I think we know if we eventually sell him he'll go for £20-30m.

at 21 is still learning. there is no reason why he'd want to risk a move at the end of the season whatever happens. he'll be just happy to be a starter at this age.

25-26 is the finished article. he may move on then if Villa can't match his ambitions.

Just as important to tie him down as making any new signings in my opinion, really hope it comes through, as has already been said he'll be cracking if we get relegated but even if we don't hes definitely got a great deal of potential!

His partnership with Benteke is vital to any chance of survival we have this season, and to any chance of promotion if we get relegated.

Edited by samjp26

OK I get you now. I thought you meant he would insert a clause allowing him to leave for cheap if we get relegated.

Knowing our club im sure they wont insert that wage drop clause :(

I'm sure there's plenty of players who haven't got a wage drop clause. I bet DB9 and Ireland haven't, and they will be two of the biggest earners.

Hopefully Andi will sign a new deal. Will be nice to have some decent news for a change!

if he's a 20 goal a year guy I'd want 30k. if less, the promise of renegotiation on back of achieved target.

I think we know if we eventually sell him he'll go for £20-30m.

at 21 is still learning. there is no reason why he'd want to risk a move at the end of the season whatever happens. he'll be just happy to be a starter at this age.

25-26 is the finished article. he may move on then if Villa can't match his ambitions.

£20-30m is jumping the gun a bit.

In our current position and based on the fact that Andi has been on the fringes/in the team for around 18 months £20k is a great offer. I'd imagine it would more than double his current wage.

For years we've played over the top wages for average talent. Not saying Andi is average, but he's still a prospect and isnt a first team regular yet.

£20-30m is jumping the gun a bit.

In our current position and based on the fact that Andi has been on the fringes/in the team for around 18 months £20k is a great offer. I'd imagine it would more than double his current wage.

For years we've played over the top wages for average talent. Not saying Andi is average, but he's still a prospect and isnt a first team regular yet.

pay him according to what you think his value is, not with what you can get away with.

if he is as good as we think he is, and we cheapskate, we will have top teams coming in tempting him with the amount he is really worth within a couple of years. 

If you give him what he is really worth now, you won't have that problem, and we'd keep him for a bit longer - maybe all his career if Villa pushes to the next level.

Edited by Con

Â