Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

• 2 weeks later...

No, according to their respective wikipedia pages he came to VP while O'Neill was in charge.

Weimann is ill, apparently. Get well soon! Very unlucky to lose an in form striker for this must win game.

Watford isn't in London.

Ah, it's got an underground station and it's inside the M25. For all intents and purposes it's London. People who say it isn't are just like those yam yams who spend far too much time and effort trying to distance themselves from Birmingham.

Ah, it's got an underground station and it's inside the M25. For all intents and purposes it's London. People who say it isn't are just like those yam yams who spend far too much time and effort trying to distance themselves from Birmingham.

Well....

No.

That's like saying Solihull is in Birmingham. It's got nothing to so with social angst, it just isn't. I would also say Solihulls boarders aren't nearly as well defined as Watford's.

Anyway yeah, it's Chris Herds picture!

Strictly true re: Watford, but it's just highlights that borders are often bollocks. Politically Chelmsley Wood is part of Solihull, geographically it is very much in Birmingham and in fact when it was built it was a part of Birmingham but presumably somebody somewhere decided that Solihull could use a few more Labour voters so they moved an imaginary line a few miles to make it happen. Aston wasnt part of Birmingham until somebody decided it should be. Ditto Sutton Coldfield.

Taking this further off topic for a second, Manchester United dont play in Manchester. Old Trafford has never been within the city limits of Manchester, it's in Trafford which is an area created out of thin air by politicians in the early 1970s (much like Sandwell) and before that it was part of Stretford, which is also a separate settlement to Manchester. So I stand by my earlier comment. Watford is London. It has an Underground station, it is inside the M25 and it is closer to Charing Cross than a lot of places that are actually part of London boroughs. Boris might not be in charge of it yet, so I'll declare I am playing the long game and presuming I am still alive at this website is still active I will bump this thread when London swallows up Watford politically much like it already has done geographically.

Anyhoo, back on topic. Anybody know was up with Andi today? The shits?

Politically Chelmsley Wood is part of Solihull, geographically it is very much in Birmingham and in fact when it was built it was a part of Birmingham but presumably somebody somewhere decided that Solihull could use a few more Labour voters so they moved an imaginary line a few miles to make it happen.

Swapped it for The NEC.

We signed him in 2007 I believe.

You're right.

I remember him being one of three - Dominic Hofbauer I think is back in Austria, I think the other one was a keeper (Dau maybe?) who suffered a bad injury while he was here. We must have had a very active scout in the area at the time as we also picked up the two Bellon brothers who I think were Swiss around then. I imagine we fired him after Salifou.

I'd like to see Weimann and Benteke up top, N'Zogbia and Agbonlahor either side. I think that could be quite effective. Delph and Westwood in the middle possibly.

No physical presence in the midfield allows players to walk all over us.

Â