Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Wasn't it Bent who said that Weimann is the best finisher in the squad? Yes, he missed a sitter yesterday, probably nervous. Should probably be on the bench against QPR and come on late on. But he's done a rather good job so far this season.

Like I wrote in relegation-topic, Weimann wasn't probably completely recovered from the Arsenal game, and it probably took it's toll also on his sharpness on his head, if fully recovered thus being completely sharp he probably would've taken the ball, move to the right foot and taken a shot.

Like I wrote in relegation-topic, Weimann wasn't probably completely recovered from the Arsenal game, and it probably took it's toll also on his sharpness on his head, if fully recovered thus being completely sharp he probably would've taken the ball, move to the right foot and taken a shot.

Yes, that thought crossed my mind too. He works pretty hard and that usually takes its' toll.

i was fookin fuming when he didnt pass to Holman early on

Holman would have been clean through

how he didnt see it ill never know

its not the first time he has made the completely wrong decision this season

i like his graft, his goal against Utd was well taken but he isnt a top 8 player

fine for us now though

How you can say that about a 21-year-old kid who has only just broke through to the first team this season is beyond me?

I agree that pass to Holmann was very frustrating but there's no point using it as a stick to beat him with. He did spot the pass, he just didn't release the ball as soon as he should have.

How you can say that about a 21-year-old kid who has only just broke through to the first team this season is beyond me?

I agree that pass to Holmann was very frustrating but there's no point using it as a stick to beat him with. He did spot the pass, he just didn't release the ball as soon as he should have.

why?

hes 21 not 12

IMO he wouldnt get regularly into a top 8 starting 11 now or in the future

i dont see enough talent

i dont have a problem seeing him start for us at the moment though

I love that he has so much passion for the club. His celebration on the bench when Benteke scored last night was nice to see. Think he will keep improving with a run in the team, one of my favourite players at the moment.

He has made a couple of poor decisions in good position recently (missing the pass to Holman being one) however remember he is a striker and not an attacking midfielder. I am not surprised his through balls arent up to scratch because his real strength is his clever movement and finding a yard in the box.

He works hard and is a threat going forward - when he calms down in front if goal I can see him being a real asset for us.

He's young and learning - he's definitely got the right attitude and has come close numerous times for us, along with hitting the post. A little more luck and experience and he could've scored quite a few goals by now. I think it'll come in time.

cant really agree with that. It might of being a tap-in but his goal against Fulham was a huge goal for the club and showed a cool head

Too many examples of poor touches, too many touches, picking wrong decisions, fluffing chances etc for me , hence why he lacks composure IMO. Something that can improve so let's hope it does

He'll improve his decision making (when to take a touch etc..) with experience, we know he can finish.

Precisely - Gabby is much much worse at decision making if we're making comparisons.

Too many examples of poor touches, too many touches, picking wrong decisions, fluffing chances etc for me , hence why he lacks composure IMO. Something that can improve so let's hope it does

I don't think it shows that he lacks composure, it just that he's inexperienced at this level - which he is.

Weimman is a hard working goal scorer.

He doesn't have much else to his game but at the moment lambert and most fans seem happy just as long as people run around a lot.

I think he's going to be a good goal scorer but not offer much else and won't be starting much if we bring in a proper wide player in January.

he seems a bit too frenetic to me. love the effort but really needs to sort out the end product. he tends to be in a position to do something good and then ruin it because he rushes things. i dont know whether thats just inexperience or whether he is always going to be like that.

he also needs to learn that off the ball as a striker you dont need to chase down every single lost cause. there's times when he will sprint full speed chasing a backpass to the keeper, his speed usually taking him right up to or past the keeper.

for most of them he is never going to get there quick enough to do anything, its comfortable for the keeper. all he has done left himself miles offside and knackered because he has gone at it full pelt. a smarter player would show some intent, stopping the keeper from messing around and forcing him to kick it, but would hang back a bit, staying closer to an onside position and conserving sprinting energy - if we win the ball back quick he is then in a great position to get in behind the defense, and also hasnt wasted energy which could be important as the game goes on.

Â