Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

when Darren Bent, one of the most prolific scorers in the prem in recent years, says he's the best finisher at the club and has a great future i suggest you listed up.

just as an aside, i recall michael owen and wayne rooney having poor loan periods in the lower leagues not to mention Denis Bergkamp scoring only 5/6 goals in 48 games in the prem - i guess those guys must be shit players too then yeah?

Hopefully Weimann will just concentrate on his finishing and his positioning, thats his talent, and if he can hone it then we'll have two very good poachers at the club, can't see Weimann becoming a complete striker but a good poacher definitely if he works on it.

Ideally, he'll be Darren Bent + a Great Workrate.

I'm amazed to read people knocking Weimann from what I've seen he looks a more than decent prospect. He is a good finisher, his movement is decent and his anticipation is excellent as opposed to someone like Gabby who simply reacts. There are no guarantee's with young players but at this stage I think there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic about Weimann's prospects not least because of what Bent has had to say about him.

when Darren Bent, one of the most prolific scorers in the prem in recent years, says he's the best finisher at the club and has a great future i suggest you listed up.

just as an aside, i recall michael owen and wayne rooney having poor loan periods in the lower leagues not to mention Denis Bergkamp scoring only 5/6 goals in 48 games in the prem - i guess those guys must be shit players too then yeah?

I agree that Weimann should be given time, but there's no need to mae up imaginary loan spells to prove a point!

I really like Weimann, proper dogfighter and in my opinion, with his workrate, intelligence, willingness to try things and determination, the best partner for Bent out of the strikers currently at the club.

Will benefit a lot from working closely with Bent on the pitch and in training.

I don't think he has any obvious or disappointing weaknesses in his game as a striker apart from inexperience.

• 3 weeks later...

I think he'll do well. He's much better than Delfouneso anyway! Weimann works hard up front, always on the move. I was impressed by how unselfish he was against Bremen. He could have easily scored himself but instead chose to square it for Bent to have a tap in.

Given an extended run in the team I think he has the potential to bang in 7 or 8 goals this season, which would be great. I have faith in him.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah weimann looked great when he came on, making run etc.

I think bent has become to comfortable, I say drop him.

I dont think bent looks comfortable at all, I feel sorry for the bloke in the way that he gets absolutely no service. He feeds on chances, seriously in the opening two games have we carved out one decent chance for him? I dont think so to be fair.

Â