Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I honestly can't believe how quickly some on here will write off the younger players when they are barely out of the academy. It makes me wonder sometimes, if we had the next Lionel Messi on our books, but he hadn't made his first team debut by the age of 20, how many of the usual suspects on here would be beating him down?

His only real Villa experience has been playing for a manager who was so lacklustre he could make Iain Dowie look like a brilliant manager.

Give the **** guy a break. He is 20 years old. If he looks out of his depth when he's 24-25 then it might be time to move him on, but until then I doubt he is exactly draining the wage bill.

Not writing him off but Delfouneso has looked better in pre-season and many, including myself, have written ND off.

We can't go into next season having to rely on Weimann and Delfouneso as striker options should Bent and/or Agbonlahor get injured. Neither have done enough to prove that they can play in the PL.

It's never about writing off Weimann, when asked to step up last season (as a young player) he did pretty well if you ask me, in a team of players playing poorly, and a manager with no technical ability to manage a football club, he scored a goal that kept us up and our goal of the season...

My point is more that we can't afford to have both Delfouneso and Weimann in the squad next season as opposed to not giving both a chance. Pick 1, give them a chance in the squad next season and loan the other out. Then sign a target man.

My point is more that we can't afford to have both Delfouneso and Weimann in the squad next season as opposed to not giving both a chance. Pick 1, give them a chance in the squad next season and loan the other out. Then sign a target man.

I reckon I'll just leave it up to Lambert instead

Agree with Kj on this one. In the short amount of time that he was called upon he certainly did a very good job for us and scored some crucial goals at a time when Bent was out and no other players looked like scoring. From all the games I was at, what I saw with Weimann was that he had a real knack for getting in the right place at the right time/getting the ball in decent positions, and his main weakness was when he was in on goal he would usually just take one more touch when he should have shot and might have scored. Imo, with more experience and confidence, he will overcome that problem and I envision him being at the very least a very good squad player for us, with the ability to step up when the likes of Bent/Gabby are out.

I dont mind weimann and in the reserves hes nothing short of magical. but thats the reserves :/

Overall 33 games 6 goals. which is not horrendous but is quite bad ( including championship and premier league )

Please dont mention the fonz.

44 games 4 goals. (including premier league and championship. )

now that is horrendous.

Personally from them two stats i dont think neither will make premier league regulars.

Not writing him off but Delfouneso has looked better in pre-season and many, including myself, have written ND off

but the fonz has been tripe for four years now

when it matters fonz has been poor and had more chances then weimann. couldntt care how he performs in pre season, its the season that matters and fonz is pants in my opinion.

i would be more than happy to sell him off

I dont mind weimann and in the reserves hes nothing short of magical. but thats the reserves :/

Overall 33 games 6 goals. which is not horrendous but is quite bad ( including championship and premier league )

now that is horrendous.

Personally from them two stats i dont think neither will make premier league regulars.

How many starts though? from last season form Ronaldo would struggle to get 10 goals for a Alex McLeish side

now that is horrendous.

How many starts though? from last season form Ronaldo would struggle to get 10 goals for a Alex McLeish side

Thats a good point. The fonz doesnt get many starts. But dont you wonder why ? I recall Mcleish picking the youngsters over him for the bench last season which clearly shows how bad he actually is. He got starts in the championship and look at how that finished. IMO hes not good enough to be in the side at all the quicker we get rid the better.

As for weimann ive heard mixed reviews but i wouldnt mind giving him just a few more chances this year.

now that is horrendous.

Thats a good point. The fonz doesnt get many starts. But dont you wonder why ? I recall Mcleish picking the youngsters over him for the bench last season which clearly shows how bad he actually is. He got starts in the championship and look at how that finished. IMO hes not good enough to be in the side at all the quicker we get rid the better.

As for weimann ive heard mixed reviews but i wouldnt mind giving him just a few more chances this year.

McLeish is a **** idiot though.

The majority of both of their performances, particularly in the Premiership, also involved them coming on after 88 minutes.

Whilst I'm not entirely decided on the ability of either, I don't think games/goals stats are something that can be used to back up a case for either argument.

now that is horrendous.

delfounso had a ankle injury that kept him out for the last 3rd of the season. thats why others made the bench ahead of him.

delfouneso scores when he starts game (blackpool he scored 2 and had one wrongly disallowed, scored aganst blackburn, brighton, doncaster in the cup,) scored against portsmouth with his first touch, and should have scored v stoke last season when begovic made a class save.

i dunno why we dont shut our academy down. no one seems to rate our youth, and seem very quick the write them off after 10 games.

now that is horrendous.

delfounso had a ankle injury that kept him out for the last 3rd of the season. thats why others made the bench ahead of him.

delfouneso scores when he starts game (blackpool he scored 2 and had one wrongly disallowed, scored aganst blackburn, brighton, doncaster in the cup,) scored against portsmouth with his first touch, and should have scored v stoke last season when begovic made a class save.

i dunno why we dont shut our academy down. no one seems to rate our youth, and seem very quick the write them off after 10 games.

Injuries or not the kids still awful. hes had a fair few chances and hes played 15 and scored 1 in the championship overall. And he hasnt scored 6 hes scored 4 check his wiki mate.

now that is horrendous.

Injuries or not the kids still awful. hes had a fair few chances and hes played 15 and scored 1 in the championship overall. And he hasnt scored 6 hes scored 4 check his wiki mate.

wiki provide only league stats, not cup appearances. he was played right wing at burnley thats why he didnt score, and he picked up his ankle nock at leicester in his first match there. if you dont like him thats your opinion, but the 44 games is misleading as id guess 35 of those he was on the pitch for less than 10 minutes.

Â