Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Don't think Herd was legible for young player.

Poor Chris. It's not fair that he was ruled out just because of McLeish's bad hand-writing.

:lol:

Can we just get on to page 50? I've had a page to forget :lol:

• 2 months later...

After someone asked about Gardner it made me think about this lad.

How's he been this Pre season? From what I've read it seems he's been very quiet in games and it sounds like delfonsou has actually been more involved and had bigger impacts on the games he's featured in.

After someone asked about Gardner it made me think about his lad.

How's he been this Pre season? From what I've read it seems he's been very quiet in games and it sounds like delfonsou has actually been more involved and had bigger impacts on the games he's featured in.

Yeah, pretty much what i gather too. Delfouneso has sounded really lively this pre-season.

Weiman isn't good enough to be a Premiership striker and should be moved on.

on what basis?

I'm guessing on the basis of his slow start in pre-season.

He was looking like an exciting prospect last season. The club rate him highly. He seems to be a very determined professional. He's not going to die wondering if he could have made it, and it's usually those players who do make it. He's a big, powerful bloke who has scored hat-tricks for the reserves on more than one occasion, and again it's players who score hat-tricks who do make it.

Pre-season means very little. Weimann has only recently been injured. He may or may not make it, but to write him off now is bonkers imo.

*Sigh* Here we go...

I can't help but notice that a whole load of the negative posts that have been popping up this summer have been written by a fair smattering of the folk who were telling us all (around March/April, I think) that we were relegated last season, despite us having plenty of points still to play for.

Sometimes you have to ask what such constant, nonsensical negativity actually achieves. We don't need it at Villa Park.

The kid's twenty years of age, scored two goals in ten appearances - one of the goals being technically outstanding - and he held his own under the huge pressures of last season.

If his name was Wilshere and he had done it for Arsenal some around here would be be saying he's a top, top prospect. We've simply got an awful lot of self-hating, grass is greener elsewhere Villa fans around here.

*Sigh* Here we go...

I can't help but notice that a whole load of the negative posts that have been popping up this summer have been written by a fair smattering of the folk who were telling us all (around March/April, I think) that we were relegated last season, despite us having plenty of points still to play for.

Sometimes you have to ask what such constant, nonsensical negativity actually achieves. We don't need it at Villa Park.

The kid's twenty years of age, scored two goals in ten appearances - one of the goals being technically outstanding - and he held his own under the huge pressures of last season.

If his name was Wilshere and he had done it for Arsenal some around here would be be saying he's a top, top prospect. We've simply got an awful lot of self-hating, grass is greener elsewhere Villa fans around here.

if he played in Red, everyone in the country would know his name, Raheem Stirling comes to mind.

*Sigh* Here we go...

if he played in Red, everyone in the country would know his name, Raheem Stirling comes to mind.

Defending our players ability is admirable when that ability is quite obviously there but in Weiman's case it is apparent that he is no better than Fonz and are we going to wait the same length of time for Weiman to come good? Weiman will be plying his trade in the Championship before long where previously, on loan, didn't actually shine did he.

I'm not sure where I stand on Weimann, obviously I have to big him up to all my non-Villa mates, but the reality is he can be quite clumsy and often takes a bad touch where a good one would lead to a great goal-scoring opportunity. His work rate is top notch, but you want to see more from your striker than just chasing down Goalkeeper's clearances. That goal was incredible but apart from that I haven't been blown away by his first team showings.

As with most of our players, lets hope Lambo can get the best out of him - he's still young and clearly much more hungry than Fonz

Â