Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

3 assists and a goal this season.

Benteke's contribution is 4 goals.

Play has been messy but he's doing okay for a 22 year old. 

You have to stick with young players as they find consistency.

• Like 3

Agree and he obviously can play given his performances last year. If he was to be found out as, stated in one post, he would definitely have been found out last season.

Below average stats over 18 games for a forward player.  Not like he's put in the performances to forgive him with.

Funny that his finishing seems off but his passing seems great. Maybe he is turning into a playmaker rather than a striker? 

because he tries to shoot first time… EVERY FRIKKING TIME. Take a touch Weimann, christ.

I hate to think what his new contract is worth.

It will burn us and Lambert in the long run because it'll put him off from awarding/agreeing to larger contracts if he thinks the player's form will dip to this extent as soon as he's rewarded like this.

Turn it round Andi. This is shit.

Finished the game well after what has unfortunately become a typical poor showing of late.

He played his part in our best passing sequence which culminated into a perfectly weighted pass through to Albrighton (still gutted he missed that one-on-one!!!).

When we were trying to hold the ball up in the dying embers of the game he did well too.  It seemed his touch has returned, as well as his passing ability.  Andi has recently either under hit, over hit or misdirected a pass all too often, but playing tight up against the touchline in the top corner his close control and short passing were back.

This is probably the first sign that he should play again in the next match, having previously warranted dropping.  I hope he plays in the cup as he seems to be a confidence player. 

• Like 1

I hate to think what his new contract is worth.

It will burn us and Lambert in the long run because it'll put him off from awarding/agreeing to larger contracts if he thinks the player's form will dip to this extent as soon as he's rewarded like this.

Turn it round Andi. This is shit.

I agree, and the same could be said for nearly every player who was rewarded with a new contract over the summer. The one exception, Delph, perhaps proves that Lambert may have been a bit rash with his generosity. Clark is the obvious example that goes against the grain, he got a new contract (perhaps unexpectedly) and has gone on to have a solid season.

I think Weimann's performance looks better because we are weighing it up against his other performances which have been so anonymous, you'd struggle to justify grading them at 1/10.

He was involved in a few good moves but it wasn't much better for long-periods of the game. I remember it was the same after the Norwich game where many declared he was back etc. just because of a few moments in the match rather than based on his overall performance.

I think Weimann's performance looks better because we are weighing it up against his other performances which have been so anonymous, you'd struggle to justify grading them at 1/10.

He was involved in a few good moves but it wasn't much better for long-periods of the game. I remember it was the same after the Norwich game where many declared he was back etc. just because of a few moments in the match rather than based on his overall performance.

His good play all game in the last 15 minutes of the game, where he was quite effective in his play.  Previously his play had been so poor that he never warranted another start, but that was the first glimpse of the player we saw for parts last season.

I actually said in the pre-match buildup that I hoped Marc would've started in place of Andi, but I feel that if he can carry his improvement at the end of the match into the cup game on Saturday then (for the first time in a while) probably deserves another start.

Â