Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Justified being on the pitch today with that one pass alone. We desperately need those.

What did other players do to justify theirs? Westwood? Delph? Lowton? Bacuna? Insert name here other than Gabby, Guzan or Clark?

I thought Delph played well

Delph was practically invisible until he had a shot in the 80th minute that went straight at the keeper.

Seriously? He made some good runs, obviously the ball was eventually lost by whoever received the pass, he made some great tackles and a vital stop just outside the box. I was stood in the upper Holte and i saw that! He probably stood out because everyone else was… well you know.

I was thinking what others here have said - Delph wasn't as active as he has been earlier this season. Same versus Palace. I actually wrote something like this in the match thread, that's why the thought stuck with me after the game aswell, I suppose.

I agree he made a couple nice runs in the end, so it's not all gloom. :)

Incredibly hot and cold today. Just needs to sort out that extreme of performance and maintain some consistency.

Yes, it was him that set up Albrighton with the best chance of the match with some great play and pass wasn't it?

Incredibly hot and cold today. Just needs to sort out that extreme of performance and maintain some consistency.

Yes, it was him that set up Albrighton with the best chance of the match with some great play and pass wasn't it?

Yes, the final pass was from Andi. Would've been a beauty that.

Andi is still not playing well, but maybe some brights spots today compared to earlier games.

Go Andi! Don't give up!

• Like 1

He's been leading a charmed life being in the starting 11 over xmas.

I'd bench him v Arsenal, just go with Benteke and Gabby v Arsenal and flood the midfield. Wouldn't shock me if we went back to 3-5-2 for that game and maybe Liverpool afterwards depending on result.

His best form came last year when Benteke was playing well. He's not had that this season so I would hope they can renew that partnership with Benteke back in the team and looking useful.

100% agree. Was ok today and that's a big positive on his previous performances.

Â