Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

At the start of the season I believed that Andi signing a new deal was almost as big a boost to us as Benteke's u-turn.  I even went and got Weimann 10 on my new home shirt! Now it seems that I may have got a little carried away and whilst I won't be writing him off anytime soon, he needs to start delivering or else a spell on the bench looms.  He has been nowhere near as effective as he was in spells last season and we need an on-form triumvirate of Gabby, Benteke and Weimann to give us any hope at all of not being dragged in to fretting over Palace and Sunderlands results come April/May.

What is this 'lack of confidence' that people keep mentioning? He scored the winner against Man City a few weeks ago, and seemed to enjoy it, why should he be lacking in confidence?

This. If scoring the winner against City couldn't kick-start his season, then I'm not sure what will...

Right well what other explanation is there for it then. Its easy enough to say he's crap but he wasn't crap last season. As far as i can see he's trying but apart from the City game things just haven't come off for him.

How in any way did I suggest he was 'crap'? I believe he is going through bad form but how many bad games does he need to go through before being dropped? I'm sure he'll bounce back and improve although I doubt he has the ability to ever be more then an average wide-forward. I really hope Lambert sees his long-term role playing centrally because I believe he can become a 20 goal-a-season striker. In the meantime though, we shouldn't continue starting him when he is playing so badly and there is no improvement in sight. You would've thought that the events of the City game may have proved to be a catalyst for an upturn in form but alas, it hasn't turned out to be.

He certainly tries. I will never knock his contribution or workrate but that only goes so far when you are an attacker.

Sorry i wasn't saying you personally but there have been a few on here who have. I 100% agree that hes better suited to a middle role. The one game he played that role this season he scored 1 and created the free-kick which Bacuna scored from. So why Lambert thinks Agbonlahor should play there not Weimann i dont know.  

I wish people would stop referencing that City game as a reason he should be played as a pairing up top.

The free kick he won was after he miscontrolled a ball and got a lucky bounce off a defender's feet and got it back. The goal he scored was a lapse in judgement by the City defenders and Hart. He did nothing else all game except for the same things. Mishit crosses, the ball stuck under his feet as he tries to dribble, and shooting aimlesssly.

I like Andi, but it's just not working for him right now. Drop him and let him get his head back instead of putting him out there and having him force the issue.

He'll come back better.

Edited by Kwan
  • Like 1

I wish people would stop referencing that City game as a reason he should be played as a pairing up top.

The free kick he won was after he miscontrolled a ball and got a lucky bounce off a defender's feet and got it back. The goal he scored was a lapse in judgement by the City defenders and Hart. He did nothing else all game except for the same things. Mishit crosses, the ball stuck under his feet as he tries to dribble, and shooting aimlesssly.

I like Andi, but it's just not working for him right now. Drop him and let him get his head back instead of putting him out there and having him force the issue.

He'll come back better.

this. Andi was one of my favourite players along with Delph and Guzan at the end of last season. But this season it just isnt happening for him, he isnt good enough in current form to warrant a place in the starting XI. drop the guy and let him sort out whatever it is which is affecting him

If it was me i would probably be looking at the 5-3-2 formation i think it suits the players and the manager, however if we stick with the current formation we should look to stick Bacuna in weimanns place he would be better off higher up, tracking back. stick Lowton back in the team if he;s ready

• Like 1

Andi not only tries hard and is determined he brings something we lack up top in all our other strikers.  Great Movement is something which makes him a constant pain for defenders.  He is always getting the ball in dangerous positions because he is so good at find space and peeling off his man.  He could easily have more goals than Benteke if he had taken just a third of his chances! He makes thing happen for us as a result.  His end product at the moment is reallly lacking, but he is always involved in our best moves.  So for me to drop him is a difficult decision as the alternatives are Helenius or Tonev! Both players to me are very talented and promising, but I can't see them producing a better end product than Weimann as things are at the moment. Its a risk to drop him just as it is to keep faith with him.  Albrighton is maybe our option as things stand but he is on the verge of a loan move which should really benefit him, as I can see him doing well in the championship and Coyle has a good record with bringing through wingers.

• Like 2

Id rather 4-4-1-1 if we were going that route, with gabby the man behind benteke allowed to play whichever side let's gin exploit his pace best, but I'm not sure I'd want Andi on the flash and we've not got anyone else. If helenius ever gets a run maybe him behind Chris and gabby on the right, but there's nothing to say that'd work

Id rather 4-4-1-1 if we were going that route, with gabby the man behind benteke allowed to play whichever side let's gin exploit his pace best, but I'm not sure I'd want Andi on the flash and we've not got anyone else. If helenius ever gets a run maybe him behind Chris and gabby on the right, but there's nothing to say that'd work

If we try 4411 who should play on the wings?

If we try 4411 who should play on the wings?

tonev and gabby/Marc... I did spend half my post talking about that very problem :lol:

Disagree with the lot of you. Andi is important to us and creates chances, in a team that creates nothing really.

Yeah but he is missing too many himself, We could be 6 points better off if he could of put some of his away. 

Disagree with the lot of you. Andi is important to us and creates chances, in a team that creates nothing really.

Yeah but he is missing too many himself, We could be 6 points better off if he could of put some of his away.

I don't disagree with that. But we're worse off without him. Unless Tonev unleashes Atomic Strike!

Â