Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Hopefully he will get his first (???) goal for the national team and come back brimming with confidence.

He's still waiting for his first International goal for the senior squad. Scored a few for the under 21 team. Not sure whether he'll start though.

Hopefully he will get his first (???) goal for the national team and come back brimming with confidence.

Hope so, Andi is one of my favourite players but just lately his touch has been awful.  I was hoping he would be great on Saturday after his goal against Man City

He hasn't quite been on it, of late, but his chasing lost causes would be missed if he was dropped.

However, I do think he needs to improve his first touch and go part of his game.

He strikes me as an intelligent footballer that thrives on instinct....

... but that leads to impulsiveness. He often tries to do a little too much which results in a lost opportunity rather than pick his moments and, at times, just put a foot on it.

Still, that will come with experience, good coaching and confidence - all of which he is getting under Lambert.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he was our best striker today. Yes his shooting was amiss but he was always getting in there trying. How many efforts on goal did Kozak and Agbonlahor muster between them.

I'd rather give somebody else a chance (Helenius or Tonev) than keep Weimann in the team based on the fact that he is trying.

If we're playing with 3 strikers and Weimann gets the most chances, he needs to at least hit the target.

He's nothing like the player we were all desperate to sign a new contract last year.

I know lambert likes him a lot but I think he needs to be dropped.

I think we all like him, just like we all like Lowton, but if you're not playing well then somebody else should get a chance. Bacuna has took his chance with both hands, maybe Helenius or Tonev could do the same.

He's nothing like the player we were all desperate to sign a new contract last year.

I know lambert likes him a lot but I think he needs to be dropped.

I think we all like him, just like we all like Lowton, but if you're not playing well then somebody else should get a chance. Bacuna has took his chance with both hands, maybe Helenius or Tonev could do the same.

Yep.

I think someone else needs to be given a chance.

I also don't think it would be bad for weimman to be dropped for awhile.

Another one of Lambert's 'undroppables' it seems. Been poor all season. Lacks any real quality on the ball and hasn't even got the composure in front of goal that was his biggest asset before.  

Â