Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

i don't get why we continue to play Andi as a winger, Gabby has done this in the past so at least we know he can do it (sort of), Andi is as many have said on here a goal poacher.

I understand why Lambert has set us up in the past because of the limited options we had across the squad, Zog, Albrighton, Holman and even Dawkins failed to provide the width he craved so he went with 3 strikers, also KEA, Ireland failed to give us any stability or creativity in midfield.

But he has had plenty of time to bring in new players to change/improve how we play.

Edited by VillanousOne

Looked good in the opening 20 minutes against Norwich. Largely anonymous otherwise.

That's a bit unfair. His initial pass to Kozak set up the goal and his support at the back was really impressive. Luna would have been lost without his help. 

Edit added: Also, highest WhoScored rating of all our outfield players (so must have done something right). 

Edited by Fab

He needs to be taken out of the firing line. Obviously out form. Play tonev so we can add some width to the team and directness

Many of you wanted to replace him with Tonev today,  Do you all feel the same way now after that display from Tonev.

worked hard... hes not the type of player that wont work hard.. its just his confidence/form is down. We dont know the type of person he is.. so its either persist and he will get his confidence back where as some players need benching..  I think Lambert sees him getting worse if benched and is just riding him through it with praise

His work rate is amazing and most of our good play in the first half went through him......

... but I get the feeling he's just trying a little too hard and overdoing it.

Had he scored in the first couple of minutes instead of hitting the post I think he would have had a stormer. He really needs a goal.

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused with those who think he's been poor. His work rate is up there with the best and he is always a danger in the final third whether with his movement or link up play. Played quite a few good balls today, got unlucky not to score, and probably could have more passes if Tonev would pass the damn ball every now or then.

Another poor game bar the pass to Kozak for the goal chance. He has no confidence in his finishing and constantly makes the wrong decisions in the final third. He needs a break from the team definitely however if Benteke is out and with Tonev's lack of form, that isnt happening anytime soon.

Another poor game bar the pass to Kozak for the goal chance. He has no confidence in his finishing and constantly makes the wrong decisions in the final third. He needs a break from the team definitely however if Benteke is out and with Tonev's lack of form, that isnt happening anytime soon.

I don't understand I thought he was good today particularly in the first half where he was a constant threat.

I think he gets criticism because he creates so many scoring opportunities but hasn't scored any of them - this season his finishing hasn't been clinical, but as long as he keeps making those chances or creating chances for others it's hard to drop him. Few players make as many chances as he does.

I think Tonev and Helenius will come into the picture more and more and maybe then we can reassess what Weimann is or isn't doing.

my only criticism is he tends to vanish for large periods but probably because he can't keep his incredible work rate up for 90mins.

Edited by VillanousOne

Â