Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

Carew had been dreadful and his miss really lifted Newcastle and their fans. Albrington needs to make better decisions. I'd prolly get Coker on move Ireland further forward get Young out to the wing and take off either Downing or Albrington.

agree. its almost as i carew is trying to prove that he isnt the striker we need. was terrible last week, overshadowed by a good performance by other players. this weeks that penalty was shocking gave them confidence. ash looks like the only one trying out there.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear AVFC,

I can't put up with another season of this shit, I quit. **** you.

Regards,

You know what, I've tried to stay positive for years, and I tried to see the upside of things even before Lerner took over and MON came. I kept that attitude during MON's reign when fans were polarized and berated just about every signing he made. I kept my head up when Barry left as I felt we could do well without him. When Jimmey MON left I was gutted, when Jimmy left I was horrified. I don't have it in me to pick myself up from this. 3-0 down to Newcastle. The question isn't if the wheels are coming of. It's more a question of how many remain and if they can carry us over the finish line or if this is it. So I fully agree with you. **** it. **** it all to hell.

Bye.

X2. **** drama queens.

Its madness that NRC wasn't in the starting line up. We look wide open when they come forward and Petrov and SI is not a CM pairing. There is no balance there at all. 5 footballers and no grafters!

We should have started with the same team as last week with NRC replacing Jimmy and SI on the bench. He could have got 30 minutes if we were doing well. This is K-Mac showing his naivety IMO.

Away from home in the Premier League you have to earn the right to win. This is especially the case against newly promoted teams playing their first game at home - history shows these games are a real banana skin and we should have known this!

A couple things.

1. Carew is a useless ****.

2. This is exactly why we shouldn't of played Albrighton.

3. We actually haven't been that bad and God knows how it's 3-0, we could be winning FFS.

4. Friedel should of done better for goals 1 and 2 in my opinion.

Get Delfouneso on for Albrighton in my opinion. 2 up top.

This is exactly why we shouldn't HAVE...

Friedel should HAVE done better...

Thank you.

well i started watching at 24 minutes, we were 1-0 down, i saw a good goal from ashley young but for some reason ( like all the nasty fouls being committed, have been in newcastles favour) then my pc went all ghey and turned itself off. 5 minutes later im back and 3-0 down? wtf?

then it is all newcastle, every foul every tackle and to top it off, i thought we were playing young up front on his own as we have not won 1 ball up front and then find out with 1 minute of the half to go that carew is playing? add in keiron clarke playing hoof ball each and every time it comes near him in acres of space and our players coming for the ball?

albrighton off, nrc on. it was a brave choice but if the ref isnt going to give any fouls against us, there is no point having tricky players on the pitch only for them to get kicked up in the air every time they go near the ball.

protect the players, put nrc on and possily get carew off also if he doesnt buck his ideas up after 65 minutes.

of the 10 minutes i saw before the pc went tits up we were playing well, although every time a villa player was hacked down the bell end ref waved play on. so **** knows what happened in the mystery 5 or 6 minutes?

Can't really understand how we can be 3-0 down. Some ridiculous defensive errors have cost us. I think Clark's inexperience was clearly shown in their third goal.

Whatever you say about Clark, it was Dunne's complete **** up that cost us for that goal.

Dear AVFC,

I can't put up with another season of this shit, I quit. **** you.

Regards,

You know what, I've tried to stay positive for years, and I tried to see the upside of things even before Lerner took over and MON came. I kept that attitude during MON's reign when fans were polarized and berated just about every signing he made. I kept my head up when Barry left as I felt we could do well without him. When Jimmey MON left I was gutted, when Jimmy left I was horrified. I don't have it in me to pick myself up from this. 3-0 down to Newcastle. The question isn't if the wheels are coming of. It's more a question of how many remain and if they can carry us over the finish line or if this is it. So I fully agree with you. **** it. **** it all to hell.

Bye.

X2. **** drama queens.

:lol:

It's great playing well and losing badly, isn't it?

I'd take MON long ball games all day over this shit. We're losing to a nothing team who already think they're much bigger than us. Disgraceful, utterly disgraceful.

Disgraceful from Villa in the first half...

Carew put the ball in the stand from the penalty spot, and has been nothing but a lump up front so far..

Friedel may be 39, but is playing like a 70 year old..

Dunne, usually Mr Reliable, can't kick the ball to a team mate,

Ash Young, has spent 44 minutes whinging and 1 minute on the floor..

Albrighton, can you please pass the ball? You don't have to beat every player twice when there is a simple pass on..

If Villa get ANYTHING out of this game, I will be mightily suprised.

Welcome to management KM!

Overactions cos we've not played that badly...it's been a bizarre 1st half!

Not played badly....How many shots on target have we had?

Well they've only had 3!!

And we haven't played that badly, just need a striker in the box that looks interested in getting IN THE BOX to help everyone.

For those that want Albrighton off, I'm sorry but as long as he can breathe he should remain on the pitch over Won't Tackle Downing.

I hope MacDonald is capable of giving a bollocking, because our defence needs one!!

We need Albrighton off I think and NRC on to win the midfield battles. the Toon defence is there for the taking. I think we can get something out of this. In fact I've just put a bet on it.

I think Ash's goal that was puzzlingly disallowed must surely count as a shot on target? :)

Well they've only had 3!!

And we haven't played that badly, just need a striker in the box that looks interested in getting IN THE BOX to help everyone.

For those that want Albrighton off, I'm sorry but as long as he can breathe he should remain on the pitch over Won't Tackle Downing.

Three more than us - and we've had a penalty!!!