Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

This is the match thread. Please do not use this for questions about streams, post those in another thread as they are then easier for everyone to find.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

Please don't use this thread for ratings or reactions.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this maybe harsh but...

Friedel

Young Collins/Cuellar/Clark(Whoever is fit!) Dunne Warnock

Reo-Coker Petrov

Downing Ireland Young

Agbonlahor. (if not, Carew)

I just feel that it is going to be a tough game, a battle of a game and I think we will need experienced heads, they will be direct and I think we need Reo-Coker in there to scrap and battle.

Albrighton, I really like him, think he's been great, but also think you have to be careful and this maybe isn't a game for him to start.

AVFC-PoB, I would go with that side but put Albrighton in for Ireland and play a front 4 of:

Albi --- Ash --- Dj

------- Gab ------

Give Ireland the last thirty.

I just think he needs a bit of time to get up to speed with his new team mates.

I know this maybe harsh but...

Friedel

Young Collins/Cuellar/Clark(Whoever is fit!) Dunne Warnock

Reo-Coker Petrov

Downing Ireland Young

Agbonlahor. (if not, Carew)

I just feel that it is going to be a tough game, a battle of a game and I think we will need experienced heads, they will be direct and I think we need Reo-Coker in there to scrap and battle.

Albrighton, I really like him, think he's been great, but also think you have to be careful and this maybe isn't a game for him to start.

id go the same, Albrighton has played well but tired quickly last night. Id start with downing, give Albrighton a rest but bring him on if required. Would like to see a young lad brought through properly rather than risk burn out.

Interesting comments lads, and there is sound thinking behind the decision to drop him. However I think the confidence that he'll have at the moment will so important to us. Even if he KNOWS there is a reason behind it and is told he isn't being dropped but just a victim of the system or something, it might just stunt the momentum he's had building up. If we're under pressure (as I think we will be) for a lot of the game, his pace will also be very handy indeed on the break.

He was good last night again and now has 3 assists (and one very good assist to an assist with that clever ball into Young) in 2 games. I say take him out when he starts struggling not when he's flying. You make good points though, let's hope KevMac does the right thing whatever that may be.

I agree about Albrighton, i'd like to play him but believe we may be too gung-ho if we play him.

I'd like to see:

Downing NRC Ireland Petrov Young

Carew

Wouldn't be gung ho if we just replaced Milly with NRC from the Wet Spam game? Ireland on the bench to get 30 minutes at the end maybe swapping for Albie with Young pushing out wide - he has hardly had any time with his new team mates. I want to reward players for doing well and believe that they should keep the shirt until they stop or tire.

Lawro predicts a 2-1 defeat, with Andy Carroll giving us a physical battering.

Lawrenson is a bit of a 'clearing in the woods' to be fair and if any two from Cuellar, Dunne or Collins make it, the thug Carroll should be taken care of.

Apologies for the profanities! do not use red text, please, that is for moderators only