Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I cannot believe that people would want to play our most gifted playmaker at left back. For real?

All I ask is that this kid gets the chance, at some point to play in his actual position, rather than being Petrovs bloody legs. Given a run of games in his natural position, I think there would be some on here eating big spoon fulls of humble pie.

He is a play maker, his range of passing is excellent and I remember him run the game against Fiorentina two years ago before his injury. If one player needs a proper defensive midfielder to be in our team, its Delph.

Sounds as if you're describing Bannan.

Best playmaker - Can't ever recall him assiting a goal or ever doing anything significant. Is this based on that 'one' pass 18 months ago?

Brill against Blackburn - I'd say average at best.

Why do Villa fans have such blind faith with our youngsters? Apart from a very small handful most of them have turned out shit. As for Delph, I said this season was always going to be make or break and I just don't see him cutting it at this level. Think it will be cheerio come the summer.

he is distinctly average - and hasn't done anything for Villa to warrant starting games ahead of Bannan - who is inifinitely better - nor other players like Herd, Clark who have - unlike him - both on impressed and when playing out of position as well.

Delph might be a good player, but if attacking midfield is his main position then he should start looking for another club because he's got Bannan, Ireland, and Gardner who should be ahead of him as they're all far superior.

I hope he's benched as soon as possible as he's been exceptionally poor this season (did look livlier second half of QPR though to be fair to him) and others are given their chnace to make a claim. He's had his chnace and doesn't deserve to keep his place at the moment.

I also disagree with the Petrov bashing on here - Petrov is probably our most importnat player this season - as he's the one player we can't really replace (actually Given is another) - without him and his experience we'll be in whole load of trouble, just imagine relying on delph all season *shudders*

And to be honest most youth products of any team don’t make it...

this is very true but when your team spends 8 million on one of them youngsters you expect a lot better.

Some report it as £6, some £8 million describing us beating off interest from Man City and Tottenham. As well as Everton and Newcastle... some also suggest it was £4 million rising to a higher sum

Anyway who knows if he is really worth either of those figures; he’s done more than both N’Zgobia and Ireland (probably put together) so far, not that its been alot..

I really doubt most of the posters on here attend a game, if they do i doubt they can watch the game without moaning their heads off without picking up points.

Delph is looking lively every time hes rushed back from injury and he seems to have regained his pace, much needed around a tiring experienced petrov.

First half against QPR he closed spaces intelligently and quickly, second half when he had the allowance to venture past the halfway line we changed the game.

Get a grip villa fans and save your un needed conjured critisism for your wife's cooking :)

We're football fans, so we want instant results; however, I think that given our current situation, we need to be keeping the faith with young players like Delph. We're far too good for relegation, but won't really be challenging for anything significant, so why not give our young players time and build for the future?

I think he's still quite a promising young player. He has been a bit overwhelmed recently, but he has time and talent on his side.

He has been poor-average so far. i think he was only 'good' against Blackburn at best also. Bit of an over reaction to him. But, this is his first season as a first-teamer in a Prem team and there's no point in writing him off just yet. I think he only has a chance at the moment if he isn't expected to be the main man, which you get teh feeling he is. He should be in a midfield where he is the one protected by senior pros (Petrov, Jenas, erm...) and this is the problem. Ireland has a case to start in a midfield 4 with Delph given the freedom to roam. Then we'll see if he is what we have told he is. At the moment he is doing too much donkey work and looking a little lost. We need to use a formation - and players - that will get the best out of him. The present clown in charge can see he has got something in training but is employing a system ensuring we don't see any of it during games.

I cannot believe that people would want to play our most gifted playmaker at left back. For real?

All I ask is that this kid gets the chance, at some point to play in his actual position, rather than being Petrovs bloody legs. Given a run of games in his natural position, I think there would be some on here eating big spoon fulls of humble pie.

He is a play maker, his range of passing is excellent and I remember him run the game against Fiorentina two years ago before his injury. If one player needs a proper defensive midfielder to be in our team, its Delph.

Sounds as if your describing Bannan.

To me, Bannan is a luxury player who tries to often the Hollywood pass.

Delph keeps the ball ticking over, most of his passes are forward and he hates to give the ball away. The fact that some are whinging about "too slow on the ball" is because he will not waste it.

Just for once, look where his head is when he has the ball, it is always up and always looking forward, in other words to be progressive.

I know it was a couple of years ago now, but anyone who watched him boss the midfield against Fiorentina should be under no illusions of what this kid can do. Problem is, playing him sodding left back and DM will ruin his career.

For those that werent there:

A goal from Emile Heskey was enough to seal victory, but new signing Fabian Delph, who joined the Villains from Leeds United in a deal reportedly worth £8 million last week, caught the eye with an impressive display in midfield that had Viola coach Cesare Prandelli singing his praises.

“I was very impressed by him. He has a great personality, he never lost the ball and always had an alternative," the Italian told the Sunday Mercury.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill echoed those sentiments and was clearly very pleased with the way the 19-year-old has begun his career in the West Midlands.

"I thought he was great," said O'Neill.

"He has those attributes mentioned [by Prandelli] in abundance. Is he an immediate replacement for Gareth Barry? Hold on. That would be asking a lot.

"Is he capable of becoming a really brilliant player? No doubt about that. He has a great attitude and Premier League ability. We don’t have to wait and see if he can come through, he is knocking on the door now.

He is good enough, but McLeish either has no option but to play him where he is, or doesnt know his arse from his elbow.

Made two good forward runs agaisnt QPR. Ideally would like to see him make more runs, which could then result in goals / assists.

Should have scored with one and was poor in the finish. really not convinced by him but finger's crossed eh. Don't think there's a place for him and Bannan in the team just now. Bannan I expect, will go the way of Steven Davis.

I really doubt most of the posters on here attend a game, if they do i doubt they can watch the game without moaning their heads off without picking up points.

Delph is looking lively every time hes rushed back from injury and he seems to have regained his pace, much needed around a tiring experienced petrov.

First half against QPR he closed spaces intelligently and quickly, second half when he had the allowance to venture past the halfway line we changed the game.

Get a grip villa fans and save your un needed conjured critisism for your wife's cooking :)

been to every home game apart from blackburn and seen all the other games on telly . maybe you see a different game to me but in my opinion Delph has been poor and i thought he was poor against qpr. petrov and bannan have been much much better this season so i would have petrov deep with jenas as the box to box player and bannan/Ireland as the attacking midfield. Delph just hasn't done enough

Â