Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph will show why MON payed a lot of money for him this season, also why Fergie matched our bid at the last minute.

Really? Is that true? Never heard that one.

I thought it was Man City tbh. There was outrage on these forums when someone on a Citeh forum wrote something along the lines of 'Don't worry guys, just consider it a loan for a season as we can easily get him next season if he does well for Villa'

I'm fairly sure Citeh outbid us and it wasn't last minute. Both bids were on the table. Leeds said as much. But we behaved in the right manner so they sold to us.

I'm fairly sure Citeh outbid us and it wasn't last minute. Both bids were on the table. Leeds said as much. But we behaved in the right manner so they sold to us.

'We can confirm a fee has been agreed with Aston Villa for Fabian Delph and wish to place on record our appreciation for the honourable manner in which they have conducted their interest in the player.

'Leeds United have resisted approaches from other Premier League clubs since agreeing terms with Villa. Having given Villa our commitment to transfer the player (subject to a medical), we had no intention of going back on that.'

Ken Bates.

Since Leeds highlighted the honourable manner in which Villa acted (thereby implying the other club involved did not) I would incline to the view that it was Man C, who don't have a great track record of honourable behaviour.

On the other hand, Delph strikes me as exactly the sort of young player Sralex would want to bring on.

Just hope Delph gets an injury-free run this season and starts to show us what he can do. He looked promising against Fulham.

Just hope Delph gets an injury-free run this season and starts to show us what he can do. He looked promising against Fulham.

I agree, can't wait to see him boss the midfield on Saturday!

Moot point but the more I hear this the more i think 'Behaved in the right manner' means 'placed deposit on player that i cant break'!

Ken Bates does not seem to me like a man thats too sentimentally moral!

Delph was highly rated by scouts in the season before we signed him (one respected scout described him as the best prospect that he'd seen in the last ten years). Other clubs thought they could get him for less at the time, but Mon backed his judgement as he did with Ash, and paid a big fee.

I think he's now ready to show us what all the fuss was about!

Im looking forward to seeing him fulfill his potential this season.

Played excellently against Fulham, so should keep his place tomorrow, alongside Petrov and hopefully, Makoun.

Give him Irelands role.

Love Delph, but I just don't see him in SI's role. He is a deeper lying playmaker that can drive forward but I don't know why people think he, or Bannan for that matter, would suit the ACM role.

Â