Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Seems like the FAs homegrown rule, which is many to help the England team, has resulted in an England international probably losing his place and thus not helping England. Yawn.

Exactly this.

Gutted about this.

I'd like to see Dyke's view on this transfer, or maybe in a years time if Delph loses his place in the squad.

He's pretty much gone, the BBC don't 'usually' stick up a story unless they are sure about it.

Aston Villa captain Fabian Delph is set to sign for Manchester City on Saturday, reports BBC WM.

The midfielder, who joined Villa from Leeds in 2009, signed a four-and-a-half year deal at Villa in January.

His future looked uncertain when Micah Richards, who moved from City to Villa this summer, said Delph had asked for his thoughts about the Sky Blues.

The 25-year-old reportedly did not travel with the Villa squad for their pre-season training camp in Portugal.
Aston Villa

Aston Villa tweeted a picture earlier on Friday that included Fabian Delph modelling the club's new kit

Delph helped Villa retain their Premier League status last season, making 28 league appearances, and also played a key role in their run to the FA Cup final, where they lost 4-0 to Arsenal.

On signing his new contract in January, the England international had said he intended to be at the club "for the long run".

"There was no way I was going to bail out," he said at the time.

"This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future."

05e025999db0cf6343b27e6f3e678424.jpg

Edited by Chewie
  • Like 1

He's pretty much gone, the BBC don't 'usually' stick up a story unless they are sure about it.

Aston Villa captain Fabian Delph is set to sign for Manchester City on Saturday, reports BBC WM.

The midfielder, who joined Villa from Leeds in 2009, signed a four-and-a-half year deal at Villa in January.

His future looked uncertain when Micah Richards, who moved from City to Villa this summer, said Delph had asked for his thoughts about the Sky Blues.

The 25-year-old reportedly did not travel with the Villa squad for their pre-season training camp in Portugal.

Aston Villa

Aston Villa tweeted a picture earlier on Friday that included Fabian Delph modelling the club's new kit

Delph helped Villa retain their Premier League status last season, making 28 league appearances, and also played a key role in their run to the FA Cup final, where they lost 4-0 to Arsenal.

On signing his new contract in January, the England international had said he intended to be at the club "for the long run".

"There was no way I was going to bail out," he said at the time.

"This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future."

Even the BBC trying to make him look like a Thunder C***

Seems like the FAs homegrown rule, which is many to help the England team, has resulted in an England international probably losing his place and thus not helping England. Yawn.

Exactly this.

Gutted about this.

I'd like to see Dyke's view on this transfer, or maybe in a years time if Delph loses his place in the squad.

Dyke is trying to hide all the free watches he got off corrupt Fifa officials to possibly comment on another one of his shit policies ruining English football.

Exactly this.

Gutted about this.

Same as always, it won't be Delphs fault despite all the warning signs being there, despite the history and track record of a few players doing the exact same thing

It will be the fault of the better foreigner who blocks his path to the 1st team

I'll laugh my bollocks off in city sign a big name midfielder this summer, if pogba rocks up there it will be hilarious

I don't mind players going on to bigger and better things but their is a way of doing it! Players like sterling and delph(if he goes) are what is wrong with football greed and a misplaced sense of greatness! Matt le tissier was a good player and will always have my respect for being loyal! Someone said earlier how can you turn down £millions! Well if your already making £millions and just made a statement of being loyal then you do!!!

In these days where the wage bill is more important than the football with Aston Villa, i do sincerely hope that we didn't give him to much of a signing on bonus on that new contract for him to walk away months later. Or that the prick has the common decency to give it back when you consider how cash strapped we are with Lerner taking every bit of money he can.

It's time for some people to wise up and realise that ANY public expression of loyalty by a footballer needs be taken as pure fantasy. It will save a lot of unnecessary upset.

But who else has done it like Delph did? This is my club, im here for the long hail etc, etc?

Rooney at Everton maybe with the once a blue thing but he was only a kid.

Cant recall ever seeing a similar case with a player declaring "im here to prove there is loyalty still in football" to then f*ck off 6 months down the line. Especially not a captain of a club

• Like 1

Â