Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Don't blame him for going - sadly they are a much better option than us right now (and probably for the long term) so its a no-brainer for him.

He will believe in himself and his ability to be a regular in their team, but I don't think he's good enough for them. He was only decent for us last season, prior to that he has been very hit and miss IMO. He was though a bit of poster boy for our model of young players being given a chance, so its a shame at the same time. I suspect he will be like Milner for them - he will play a bit part, get paid well and win some medals along the way, and then move on a free transfer to Spurs, Liverpool, Everton etc. in a few years.

To be honest, he is/was one of our first names on the team sheet, but I think we can cope without him, and his and Cleverly's departure means our midfield will have a whole new feel to it next year. Delph was very much a midfielder who played better as part of a '3', rather than playing as a pair in central midfield - I think this might not sit well with Sherwood anyway.

I'm excited to see who else we can bring in and how we will set up.

He could have left on a free, so I don't begrudge him his move and wish him luck - he will need it.

• Like 1

You're happy to call people on here idiots and defend Delph. Speaks volumes.

And you're happy to call a man you've never met "scum" for moving to a club in a deal that'll see him play at a level Villa cannot offer and set up his entire family for life. Quite frankly, I genuinely couldn't give a toss what you think about anything. You've shown your true colours in this thread and I'm ashamed to be part of the same species as you, to be quite frank. Go get some goddamned perspective ffs

I'm 99.9% certain Delph has never and will never visit Villa Talk. And even if he had occasionally, he would never do so at a time like this.

So let people vent their anger on an Internet forum and stop comparing it to people going up to him and abusing him in the street.

I wouldn't rule out some of the clowns on here abusing him in the street if they saw him tbh

If this goes through I'll never have felt more let down by a footballer. If he hadn't said what he had when he signed the contract we'd all be saying fair play to him for ensuring we got a fee. But he's made a rod for his own back.

As soon as he leaves I no longer care about him, pathetic waste of a career when he's sitting on the bench. Genuinely hope he falls out of the England squad!

Rofl what a judas clearing in the woods

"I'm proving there is such a thing as loyalty in football"

Carry on Fibian your doing a great job

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

And you're happy to call a man you've never met "scum" for moving to a club in a deal that'll see him play at a level Villa cannot offer and set up his entire family for life. Quite frankly, I genuinely couldn't give a toss what you think about anything. You've shown your true colours in this thread and I'm ashamed to be part of the same species as you, to be quite frank. Go get some goddamned perspective ffs

I'm 99.9% certain Delph has never and will never visit Villa Talk. And even if he had occasionally, he would never do so at a time like this.

So let people vent their anger on an Internet forum and stop comparing it to people going up to him and abusing him in the street.

I wouldn't rule out some of the clowns on here abusing him in the street if they saw him tbh

I find your morals on insulting people really strange.

Can anyone think of a player who made these kind of comments and left just a few months later?  

• Like 1

I find your morals on insulting people really strange.

Can anyone think of a player who made these kind of comments and left just a few months later?  

God that video is so infuriating. LIAR

That's a bit of a silly argument, it's ok to abuse someone if they're actively avoiding hearing it?

I don't really care though. I think it's a bit silly if your reaction is anything more or less than "he's a bit of a tit saying what he said but if I was offered double salary and an opportunity to play at the highest level is take it too".

• Like 1

Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous.

The only players I can think of in my lifetime that have turned down a combination of -

1) more money

2) the increased chance of winning trophies

3) playing for a "bigger" club

4) playing at the top level in Europe

are Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier. Both of these stayed/moved to their home town clubs and stayed with them to become local legends, at the expense of them actually winning anything.

Hopefully Jack Grealish does the same for us. Sadly Delph is from Yorkshire rather than being a Villa kid, so his loyalty extended only to ensuring we got a fee for him, not to him actually staying.

I'm sure there are other examples, but realistically no-one outside of Aston Villa will be looking at this move and be surprised that he is leaving us for City. 

Edited by GeordieVillan

If this goes through I'll never have felt more let down by a footballer. If he hadn't said what he had when he signed the contract we'd all be saying fair play to him for ensuring we got a fee. But he's made a rod for his own back.

As soon as he leaves I no longer care about him, pathetic waste of a career when he's sitting on the bench. Genuinely hope he falls out of the England squad!

Again, at 120k a week, I'm pretty sure he won't give a shit.

Some of the comments on this thread are ridiculous.

The only players I can think of in my lifetime that have turned down a combination of -

1) more money

2) the increased chance of winning trophies

3) playing for a "bigger" club

4) playing at the top level in Europe

are Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier. Both of these stayed/moved to their home town clubs and stayed with them to become local legends, at the expense of them actually winning anything.

Hopefully Jack Grealish does the same for us.

I'm sure there are other examples, but realistically no-one outside of Aston Villa will be looking at this move and be surprised that he is leaving us for City. 

The anger towards him isn't because of all the things you've listed.

• Like 4

When he signed in January I was so relieved, thought at least havent got to worry about Delph now, we have him playing for us just as he is priming for another 4 years. Just broke into the NT too.

Beyond my wildest nightmares that just 6 months later he would be sold for £8m.

Just the latest kick in a long line of teeth kicking this clubs fans' endlessly have to enduew

Â