Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I would love someone from the press to ask him about those quotes when he's presented as a city player.

I would imagine the answer would be

'I'm on 120k a week, I couldn't give a ****!

His words now are irrelevant.

They were pretty irrelevant in January.

Is he even having a baby :) :)?

I would love someone from the press to ask him about those quotes when he's presented as a city player.  

They won't though will they

The difficult questions are never asked especially considering were only villa

They'll be too busy bumming Man City in the face with praise to care about where he came from, the greed for big name big money headlines...

Delph is replaceable no doubt about it, just annoying he's left like this as I liked him.

If we our honest, for our first choice 'box to box' midfielder he didnt score and assist enough and his passing and shooting is not up to standard.

Man City fans arent going to be happy when he keeps screwing shots wide.  Pelligrini (like hodgsen) will probably restrict his game plan so he wont be as effective anyway. 

Edited by simont123

I would imagine the answer would be

'I'm on 120k a week, I couldn't give a ****!

His words now are irrelevant.

They were pretty irrelevant in January.

Is he even having a baby :) :)?

is his name even Fabian Delph?

Nothing is credible anymore

Don't know how I feel about this. We've got a fee which we wouldn't have if he hadn't signed the new deal. The stuff he's come out with hurts for sure but it's what every player says. He'll not play as much at city as he would do here and with the euros coming up I'd of thought playing week in week out would be better. Let's see what happens .

He said: "The club has given me a great platform to perform and a great opportunity to showcase what I can do.

"The fans have been great with me, the chairman has been absolutely fantastic with me and I have a great relationship with the manager and I see the boys here as my brothers, my family and I am delighted to stay here.

"I am a loyal person and committing my future will hopefully show everybody what type of guy I am.

"I feel like this is me - I love the club, I love being here and I want to put 100% into everything I do here. This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future.

"Hopefully it will give everyone a bit of a lift and show the fans that we are looking to do big things here and bring excitement back to the club.

"We want to get through this season, do well and I feel the up-and-coming years will be big.

"There was no way I was going to bail out. I am here for the long run.

"The fans have been the same. I am sure they will stick with us, help us get through this season and then looking into the future, it looks promising to me."

Riiiiiiiight?

If he goes he goes. There's not a player in our squad who'd turn down City, nor a player in any of our squads over the past 20 years who would turn down a move to a club in City's position.

I have no doubt he believed every word he said when he signed the new deal, I just think he never in his wildest dreams imagined City would be after him offering him a 6 figure wage. Even the fact (if it is indeed a fact) that he'll be making 120k a week sounds to me like he threw out a seemingly ridiculous figure during discussions and they went for it. How much did he sign on for with us 6 months ago? Doubt it's even half of that.

In his shoes I'd have done the exact same thing, from his comments to accepting the move.

120k a week over 4 years - he'd not earn that in 8 year playing at villa. That's 25m over the contract. Your kids, their kids and their kids are living absolutely privileged lives thanks to that money

• Like 3

Fabian Delph has committed his future to Villa after signing a new four-and-a-half year deal with the claret and blues.

England midfielder Delph, who originally joined the club in 2009 from Leeds United, has extended his contract until June 2019.

The 25-year-old, who won player of the season from both fans and players as well as goal of the season for his outstanding effort against Chelsea, couldn't have been happier to put pen to paper.

Delph said it "means everything" to continue his B6 association and hailed the chairman, manager and fanbase for making his decision easy.

He said: "The club has given me a great platform to perform and a great opportunity to showcase what I can do.

"The fans have been great with me, the chairman has been absolutely fantastic with me and I have a great relationship with the manager and I see the boys here as my brothers, my family and I am delighted to stay here.

"I am a loyal person and committing my future will hopefully show everybody what type of guy I am.

"I feel like this is me - I love the club, I love being here and I want to put 100% into everything I do here. This is my club and I want to be here. That's why I am committing my future.

"Hopefully it will give everyone a bit of a lift and show the fans that we are looking to do big things here and bring excitement back to the club.

"We want to get through this season, do well and I feel the up-and-coming years will be big.

"There was no way I was going to bail out. I am here for the long run.

"The fans have been the same. I am sure they will stick with us, help us get through this season and then looking into the future, it looks promising to me."

Boss Lambert spoke of his delight at the new deal for the dynamic midfield ace.

He added: "It's great for Aston Villa. It's great for Fabian. I think this is a massive, massive step.

"The thing with modern day football and loyalty is there's not so much of it - you very rarely get people who stay at a football club for a long, long time.

"Obviously Fabian has been here a fair few years now. His first few years he was injured as a young guy but since I have been here - the three years - he's been terrific for us. He's been great. His performances have been excellent.

"When you get someone like Fabian - who might have had the possibility of going elsewhere to pastures new - to have him commit is a massive, massive coup for us.

"No-one expected it. I think everyone thought Fabian was going to go and we would have to get someone else in. I don't think anyone saw this coming.

"But it's been something we've been trying to do, as I have always said.

"He enjoys his football and being at the club."

You absolute liar Delph, lost so much respect for you, I could maybe understand if this was next summer but few months after?

Loyalty in football is dead.

In all honesty Im good mates with a lass who used to knock about with him. She's always said he was a bit of a bellend.

Not that this changes any opinion I ever had on him. Just a footballer who has done what I fully expected him to do. He'd be b

mad not to.

You absolute liar Delph, lost so much respect for you, I could maybe understand if this was next summer but few months after?

Loyalty in football is dead.

It's only a lie if he didn't believe it, and I for one think he meant every word. How the hell does anyone turn down 25m over 4 years though?

Â