Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Make no mistake Delph would be a huge loss if he does go. He is the one that makes Villa tick. When he plays well Villa do. If Beneteke goes at least we get 32.5 mil or whatever our portion of the fee is. 8-10 mil wont replace Delph. 

• Like 1

When he meets with Tim I am 100% confident he'll be given the straight facts.

1) go to Man city and he'll be warming the bench

2) he's an England international with the euros coming up, he needs to be playing weekly for a top flight team

3) he is the captain of a top flight team

4) villa is rebuilding and has vast potential this summer, for the first time in a long time

5) the club have stood by him and kept faith through the hard times in his career.

Tim isn't one to pull punches and will give him these facts to convince fabs that villa is the right choice for him. At least for this season.

If after the meeting fabs still wants out, good luck to him but he'll have lost respect from a lot of the fans and people who stood behind him here for years. I've full faith in Tim to sort him out if he has any doubts about staying.

In Tim we trust.

• Like 1

He won't just be given the facts from Tim. He's got two team mates that know first hand what it's like to be in Man City's favor one second and on the bench or on loan for 2-3 years the next. Both Sinclair and Richards no doubt believed they were good enough, but they have to ask Delph "Are you better than Navas, Silva, Toure, Nasri? cause that is his competition there. Personally deep down I would hope that Delph knows he's no where near that quality yet, he may be one day but he goes to Man City now he'll be taking Milner's spot on the bench..

• Like 2

Not in itself. However in this circumstance release clause = asking price because we don't wanted to sell, I assume. Value is based on what the selling club are willing to accept and their individual circumstances, not what is bid, as the club has the final say on whether a player leaves mid contract.

In a year, this may change depending on many things such as form, contract length, fitness, league position etc. At the moment Benteke is worth what we say he is worth, and I think that is the £30 odd million reported.

Well yes but I mean that the asking price being based on the release-clause doesn't somehow render it any less negotiable than if it were not. But anyway, off topic as you say.

He won't just be given the facts from Tim. He's got two team mates that know first hand what it's like to be in Man City's favor one second and on the bench or on loan for 2-3 years the next. Both Sinclair and Richards no doubt believed they were good enough, but they have to ask Delph "Are you better than Navas, Silva, Toure, Nasri? cause that is his competition there. Personally deep down I would hope that Delph knows he's no where near that quality yet, he may be one day but he goes to Man City now he'll be taking Milner's spot on the bench..

Navas is on his way out and hasn't done enough anyway, Nasri flatters to deceive and Toure is getting older so yes I think he has a chance against those players. Depends who else they bring in I guess. 

Delph won't be in competition with Navas,Silver and Nasri as he plays in a completely different position to them.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Yaya Toure is about to sign a new contract there, and they're supposedly about to bid 71m for Pogba. Now that would be Delph's position there filled beyond his level of competition.

He's got more ability than Rodwell hasn't he? I think he's a very good player who could make the stepup but I could be wrong and I don't want him to go. I believe along with Benteke he's our most important player. Can't afford to loose them both. 

Very intrigued to know if @Fabiandelph17 is ligit. He's saying good things. Too good. And it's all too easy to fake.

I'd say it's definitely fake. Delph has an Instagram account where he posts regularly. If this was his Twitter or if he was even on twitter it would be either linked in his Instagram bio or he would share his photo's from there on Twitter.

Like some have said, Delph would be (atm) silly to go to City as he wouldn't play too much and we have players to have a word with him about the risks. Also most of the Prem/European clubs would have bid by now if the clause is as low as reported as he is a class player. If other teams are waiting to get their preferred targets then he should (IMO) think, "I don't want to be 3rd/4th choice, I'll stay where I'm respected".

It could also be that clubs have bid, we have reluctantly accepted and Delph himself has told them he will not leave this season. That he stands by what he said, wants to remain loyal and see what happens next year. He isn't a stupid person and seems to have his head screwed on. He will know his best chance for Euros is staying with us for another season especially as we seem to be making ambitious moves in the transfer market. Then if we have a good season and he thrives then he will be available to make a big move where he will be more likely to play more of a part than bench warmer.

Kind of giving a few perspectives there but just goes to show that anything can happen and we actually know fudge all.

• Like 1

It would take a pretty weak minded international footballer to think: I'm going to rot on the bench.

Rodwell and Sinclair will look back in hindsight and know that it didn't work out. But at the same time they'd now be thinking what if? If they hadn't had moved. They have some medals, they've played with some of the best players/coaches in the world. And earnt a shit load of cash.

Delph won't be thinking: I'm shitter than the other players there. If he is, I don't want him as our captain.

Edited by Woodytom
  • Like 1

If Delph does go it will be a decision that is determined by earning more money and getting the odd medal as a squad member versus the threat to his England place/the risk of spending a large part of next season sitting on the bench/losing credibility given what he said when signing a new contract a few months ago. 

After reading those tweets id categorically say that twitter account is absolute horseshit.

Yes fake by the looks of it. No teammates follow him which is a pretty strong indicator, well unless no one likes him and he is definitely off of course.

It would take a pretty weak minded international footballer to think: I'm going to rot on the bench.

Rodwell and Sinclair will look back in hindsight and know that it didn't work out. But at the same time they'd now be thinking what if? If they hadn't had moved. They have some medals, they've played with some of the best players/coaches in the world. And earnt a shit load of cash.

Delph won't be thinking: I'm shitter than the other players there. If he is, I don't want him as our captain.

So if Delph would turn down an offer from City (unlikely) and decided to stay here to get guaranteed football before the Euros you would presumably want him to resign as captain? That is some weird logic.

Edited by bose

Â