Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I remember he played well at left back under MON for us once, I think it might've been against United, and did well there. Came on and seemed to play left wingback and did another solid job. Good to know he can be utilised in a few positions other than central  midfield.

I think wing-back is his best position personally. I really like Bacuna right, Delph left, then Clark, Baker and Vlaaaaar can make up for each other in the middle.

Trouble is we then have very little talent in midfield.

Yeah I think Delph at wing-back would be wasting our best midfielder, although DarrenM has been known to be right about these things.

Really made a difference when he came on today though. Fantastic player.

I think wing-back is his best position personally. I really like Bacuna right, Delph left, then Clark, Baker and Vlaaaaar can make up for each other in the middle.

Yeah I think Delph at wing-back would be wasting our best midfielder, although DarrenM has been known to be right about these things.

Really made a difference when he came on today though. Fantastic player.

Put our best midfielder, by some distance, at left wing back??

Have I got that right??

:D thanks.

I agree it would feel like the waste of our best midfielder but I also think wing-back in a 3-5-2 is a key position.

:D thanks.

I agree it would feel like the waste of our best midfielder but I also think wing-back in a 3-5-2 is a key position.

I think Luna is a perfect fit as a wing back as he's not great in defence but he likes to push up the wing.

Have I got that right??

You mean our best outfield player into one of the most important positions in the modern game?

Then yes, you have.

Have I got that right??

You mean our best outfield player into one of the most important positions in the modern game?

Then yes, you have.

More important than cm?

He really did. Crucial interception near the end when WBA looking dangerous outside our box. 

great to have him back on the pitch.... turning out to be a real leader and even though he was playing as a wing back, gave us some bite in midfield which was sorely lacking in the first half.... his other midfielders seemed to lift themselves when he came on....

by my reckoning, he must be close to a suspension for yellow cards - anyone know status of him and the rest of the team?

Was looking promising the opening minutes of the game (the whole team were) then faded away as the match went on. Could depend of his long absence from the game. Watching the Chelsea game against Southampton and our midfielders need to be at their very best as there is a big big challenge coming up for them.. 

Â