Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Loved his passion after the game towards the holte! He doesn't panic in possession and waits until a pass is on.

He was exactly the same at the end of the Norwich game last week as well.

He is one of our key players. The first midfielder on the team sheet.

Amazing how far he's come on from less than 2 years ago when he was being played as a bit part full back after coming back from injuries. The frightening thing is, I don't think he's peaked yet.

I think his progress in the last 9 months is even more remarkable, although I guess it's down to game time and having a manager with belief in him. Credit to Lambert as well for the faith he showed

I've watched every interview, every video and even met him irl. This guy is one of the most simple, ethnical and nicest guy i ever met! In a interview on AVTV they asked him what he would be doing if not playing football and he didn't know, he likes boxing witch reflects a bit on his tackling attitude, but with that said. I think he loves his surroundings here in Villa and the captaincy is ther for him to take!

I've watched every interview, every video and even met him irl. This guy is one of the most simple, ethnical and nicest guy i ever met! In a interview on AVTV they asked him what he would be doing if not playing football and he didn't know, he likes boxing witch reflects a bit on his tackling attitude, but with that said. I think he loves his surroundings here in Villa and the captaincy is ther for him to take!

Ethnical, brilliant.

True though to be fair ;)

• Like 1

Fully deserves an England call-up but I think he'll have to wait, his time will come I'm sure. Quite possibly my favourite player at the club right now, he's been fantastic all year.

His time may come but it won't be until Hodgson leaves at least.

Delph should have been picked ahead of Cleverley this time.  Cleverley is not "garbage" but if the England squad was picked on form and whether a player has been playing matches for his club he wouldn't have got in it. 

• Like 1

Hodgson will be the first ever England manager to appear as a pundit on MOTD this Saturday. I hope Delph (and Gabby) have absolute stormers and he is forced to defend his decision to consistently overlook them in favour of utter shite like Cleverley and Sterling.

• Like 2

Hodgson will be the first ever England manager to appear as a pundit on MOTD this Saturday. I hope Delph (and Gabby) have absolute stormers and he is forced to defend his decision to consistently overlook them in favour of utter shite like Cleverley and Sterling.

Picturing him putting his fingers in his ears and humming really loudly, as Lineker says "what about Delph and Agbonlahor."

• Like 1

Is he actually appearing as a pundit, I thought it was a live interview.

Ah potentially, I may have misunderstood. Think I read he would be commenting on the days games though? Could be an interview.

Roy Hodgson will appear on BBC’s Match of the Day this Saturday, ahead of next week's crucial World Cup qualifiers at Wembley.  

The England boss will be alongside former captains Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer for the programme at the BBC studios in Salford to offer his thoughts on the six Premier League matches taking place that day. 

Hodgson's appearance follows last Saturday's Match of the Day, which featured the Premier League's only unbeaten manager, Everton's Roberto Martinez. 

And it comes just two days after he named his squad to play Montenegro and Poland in their final qualifiers for Brazil 2014.

Mark Cole, Lead Executive of BBC Football said: "We're delighted to have Roy in the studio and it will provide a good opportunity for the England Manager to monitor so many of his squad ahead of those crucial World Cup qualifiers. 

"Roy spoke to Gary after the draw in Ukraine and we're delighted to have the two of them together to discuss all of Saturday's action and look ahead to next week's matches. 

"With Alan Shearer in the studio as well, we have the experience of 143 international caps and 78 goals, so few are better placed to discuss the weekend’s action and the national team with the England Manager."

He is on the panel

Picturing him putting his fingers in his ears and humming really loudly, as Lineker says "what about Delph and Agbonlahor."

I'm having more trouble imagining Line acre mentioning Delph and Gabby tbh.

Â