Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Think he would have broken through by now if he was going to, but I will be happy to concede I was wrong if he gets POTS next May after a 20-goal season.

a year and half younger than sturridge, 2 years younger than carroll, if you take out carrolls year in the championship in easily the best team the fonz is actually pretty comparable to them

dont see why so many are so quick to write him off

Actually, Delfouneso got off to a quicker start than either of those two - 12 appearances and 3 goals in the first season of his first full contract. Don't think either Carroll or Sturridge got any first team games. So there is a worry that Nathan has stalled - got a foothold in the first team but didn't make much progress in season 2 and the same last season until he went on loan to Burnley where he hardly distinguished himself.

People develop at different speeds and he may still break through - I allowed for that in my earlier quote. It's just my feeling based on his performance so far.

Think he would have broken through by now if he was going to, but I will be happy to concede I was wrong if he gets POTS next May after a 20-goal season.

a year and half younger than sturridge, 2 years younger than carroll, if you take out carrolls year in the championship in easily the best team the fonz is actually pretty comparable to them

This is VT, don't you know?! Anyone can get written off on this site if they are not Lionel Messi quality by the time their name has been entered into a thread...

This is VT, don't you know?! Anyone can get written off on this site if they are not Lionel Messi quality by the time their name has been entered into a thread...

I suggest you read my comment above , which tried to make a serious point in response to V4E.

Wasnt their a rumour in january Big Eck tried taking him on loan?

Its good news for the player as obviously shows the new manager has faith enough to give him a new deal. Now he needs to prove it on the pitch

Wasnt their a rumour in january Big Eck tried taking him on loan?

Its good news for the player as obviously shows the new manager has faith enough to give him a new deal. Now he needs to prove it on the pitch

No. This just proves Big Eck thought he was good enough to compete with Zigic, Jerome and an ageing Phillips. Doesn't mean he rates him! :winkold:

His movement is poor.

it is 1 of his main assets, he has a great football brain that cannot be taught

Really? For me he moves so littles it makes him look lazy.

Imo, his actual movement is excellent, but his work rate is poor, so the game sometimes passes him by when he's not being directly supplied. If we had an attacking midfielder with the passing range and vision to push him, put him through on goal, he could be quite dangerous.

His interview on AVTV expressing his delight at his new contract was almost cringe worthy. :P - He did say how he can't hide behind his age anymore and he needs to be up there and showing what he can do, so that part of the interview if you leave out the 300 or so repetitions of standard footballer phrases was rather pleasing. :P GO FONZ!!

• 2 months later...
Â