Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I cant see it mate, salt on shortbread!?

It's just wrong!

Not on, but in mate.

I think most shortbread comes with a touch of salt, though I may be wrong. Granted that sprinkling salt on top could be considered a bit odd!

I cant see it mate, salt on shortbread!?

It's just wrong!

Not on, but in mate.

I think most shortbread comes with a touch of salt, though I may be wrong. Granted that sprinkling salt on top could be considered a bit odd!

I dont make my own, never tried, but now you mention it, it cant be that hard to make surely?

Seems not...

125g/4oz butter

55g/2oz caster sugar

180g/6oz plain flour

Preparation method

1.Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.

2.Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.

3.Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick.

4.Cut into rounds or fingers and place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with icing sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.

5.Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.

:lol:

That really was schoolboy, wasnt it.

Never mind, these things happen.

When you going on Master Chef or even better Hells Kitchen, the blind taste challenge and all that.

:D

Listen here, the only reason i've not been on Masterchef is because the producers are too concerned about the potential lack of competition.

When you going on Master Chef or even better Hells Kitchen, the blind taste challenge and all that.

Listen here, the only reason i've not been on Masterchef is because the producers are too concerned about the potential lack of competition.

That and you giving them coronary heart disease! :)

That made me laugh, :D

I have visions of the Hamster man and the bald one slipping down behind the table clutching their chests with abject horror sketched on their fat faces.

"Shortbread Challenge, ends in horror. Presenters both dead in a buttery salty death riddle"

That made me laugh, :D

I have visions of the Hamster man and the bald one slipping down behind the table clutching their chests with abject horror sketched on their fat faces.

"Shortbread Challenge, ends in horror. Presenters both dead in a buttery salty death riddle"

I dunno,

Â