Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Had a chat with future employers to get a bit more of an idea of my role as well as general logistical details. Had assumed it would be most or entirely on site. Turns out expectation is only a couple of times a week \o/ and flexitime is also happening. :cheers: 

On the other hand the cleaner just yelled **** off at me and slammed the door when I'd exited it. I mean, it was a no.2, but still, was rather harsh. Genuinely rattled me. Should probably mention it to someone though. I'd heard him passive aggressively banging out a tune with his hands whilst waiting for me to finish too.  This didn't cheer me up, but I can't be arsed posting in a new thread :D 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hold on… you visited your future employer and whilst there took a shit and got told to f*** off by the cleaner who was waiting for you to finish? Thats hilarious :lol: 

Ah, no, shit was taken in my current employers. It was a teams chat. I mean I've only got a couple of weeks left so could leave it, but honestly was wildly aggressive from the cleaner :D Perhaps just annoyed that I'd timed my trip just before he had to clean it, that's about all I can think of tbf. Edit - to clarify I didn't purposely aim to do that, just bad luck on his part

Edited by Rodders
  • Haha 2

I really want to read the post on another forum from the cleaner and what you did to rattle him

"Anyway, this prick who's leaving is in there, and leaves a ripe old shit draped over the toilet seat, walks out of there whistling without even washing his hands. Good **** riddance to that fella".

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Ah, no, shit was taken in my current employers. It was a teams chat. I mean I've only got a couple of weeks left so could leave it, but honestly was wildly aggressive from the cleaner :D Perhaps just annoyed that I'd timed my trip just before he had to clean it, that's about all I can think of tbf. Edit - to clarify I didn't purposely aim to do that, just bad luck on his part

Hold on.  If it was after a teams chat weren't you at home?  So it was The Mrs tapping her fingers on the door and telling you to **** off?  This is all very confusing.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hold on.  If it was after a teams chat weren't you at home?  So it was The Mrs tapping her fingers on the door and telling you to **** off?  This is all very confusing.

It actually makes more sense that way.

I’m sure my Mrs has yelled f-off at me before when she’s entered the bathroom after a I’ve taken a shit.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Rodders said:

Ah, no, shit was taken in my current employers. It was a teams chat. 

The way this is written, I thought you had a shit whilst on a Teams chat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not at home! Current line manager was nice about it, OK with me having a quick chat with the new people tbf. It's very quiet in current work.

If I was at home honestly the wife is just as apologetic if not more so when she's dropped the kids off. I get clear instructions not to go up/downstairs as appropriate :crylaugh:

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The way this is written, I thought you had a shit whilst on a Teams chat.

Haven't we all?

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Haven't we all?

Don't think so

But I have had a bath while on a teams call, nice relaxing 45 minute one, bubbles the lot 

Using to go on my rowing machine and play PlayStation more or less every day during corona time teams calls

On 03/01/2024 at 11:41, Rodders said:

On the other hand the cleaner just yelled **** off at me and slammed the door when I'd exited it. I mean, it was a no.2, but still, was rather harsh. Genuinely rattled me. Should probably mention it to someone though. I'd heard him passive aggressively banging out a tune with his hands whilst waiting for me to finish too.  This didn't cheer me up, but I can't be arsed posting in a new thread :D 

@Xela would have a field day, winding that cleaner up 😉

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Hearing the any old iron man drive past every week.

I'm always inclined to sing "ski bop bop be bop bop I'm the scrapman" in my head.

I gave my son a terrible fear of them as I told them they came to take the naughty children away :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

I gave my son a terrible fear of them as I told them they came to take the naughty children away :lol: 

My partner's dad instilled an irrational fear of water towers into his kids by assuring them they were kiddie prisons and on car journeys when they passed them would tell the kids it's where the naughty kids get sent to and if they don't shut up in the back they'll drop them off.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Hearing the any old iron man drive past every week.

I'm always inclined to sing "ski bop bop be bop bop I'm the scrapman" in my head.

Not familiar with that one, but it reminds me (and I suppose this really belongs in That Other Thread but...) How would a rag and bone man react if you were to offer him some actual rags and bones? 

We had been without water for almost two days, yesterday at half four Severn Trent delivered us another 24 litres of bottled water.

We also got 24 litres off a neighbour as they are away for two weeks.

Water came back on two hours later 🤣

• Haha 3

Â