Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Being given a load of old gear to pass on to my Mom's charity shop...and finding an old table lighter amongst it.

Putting said antique on eBay and seeing it go to a very nice price so far :-)

Being given a load of old gear to pass on to my Mom's charity shop...and finding an old table lighter amongst it.

One man's rubbish is another man's treasure. :)

Your mom will be delighted when you hand over the cash from the sale :D:lol:

Yeh there's a guy where I work called C. Hunter, so the email is chunt63@.....

I know that doesn't really say it, but it's close enough.

True story though, we have more than one employee called Paddy Power, and there used to be a Juan Kerr on the Ford system, although he doesn't seem to exist anymore.

There's also a Nicola Clegg

I'm pretty sure there's a Juan Kerr on the IOM - although that would be pronounced 'Dew-an'.

There's a couple that I know of, although as you say the joke is slightly diminished over here.

Most chain-ish places around here carry the Coke line (which includes Dr. Pepper and Canada Dry) and the Pepsi line (which includes Schweppes and Crush), generally with one of the two designing the layout for the drink coolers (which decides, of course, which of the two lines gets the premium placement, i.e. whether you have to walk by the Coke/Sprite/Mello Yello/Nestea/Fanta/Barqs/Dasani/Canada Dry to get to the Pepsi/Sierra Mist/Mountain Dew/Lipton/Crush/Mug/Aquafina/Schweppes or vice versa) so you pretty much have to go to the mom-and-pops that deal with three beverage vendors.

Almost every gas station/grocery store/quick e mart around here has it. And I am frequently made fun of for loving it since it's considered the poor mans chocolate milk.

Â