Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Woman in the office who had left the house this morning thinking it was going to be sunny like yesterday. Turns up in a summer dress and sandals... absolutely drenched! Made my day. 

Check the forecast next time you daft bint. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Xela said:

Woman in the office who had left the house this morning thinking it was going to be sunny like yesterday. Turns up in a summer dress and sandals... absolutely drenched! Made my day. 

Check the forecast next time you daft bint. 

you should of licked her dry.

Wishing away the count down hours for that thing on e-bay that nobody else on the planet appears to have spotted.

I've been the only bidder all week, there are 8 hours left. I'll only buy it at this silly price.....so all common sense tells me I'll get done over in the last minute, but right now it's tantalisingly close.

(it's not Ruge's hair straighteners) 

Edited by chrisp65
not a dildo

14 minutes ago, Ginko said:

...what is it? :ph34r:

yeah, right....

let's tell everyone what's available for less than half the price I know I could sell it on for....

It's not going to make me rich, I'm trading hi-fi bits n bobs in the £20 to £99 bracket, but it is turning in to a hobby/distraction that funds itself, buy it on e-bay, sell it on gumtree or trade it on forums, repeat.

The year's first harvest of asparagus. Apparently nothing there, and then one day of sunshine, and - whoomph - loads of it, two feet high. I'm not big on most green veg, but I do like asparagus. 

Edited by mjmooney

Some years back I overheard a conversation in a second hand bookstore, while I was squatting and browsing the lower shelves (predominantly occupied by those old Penguin paperbacks & French and Russian writers), between an older gentleman and the owner. The older gentleman claimed that asparagus would cure his cancer, and he had stopped visiting his GP because he watched a documentary online which informed him, to his horror, that doctors were in cahoots with pharmaceutical companies, and they all just wanted money. The owner, somewhat dishearteningly, didn't stop the older gentleman in is tracks but seemed to agree that medical care was all a big racket. The older gentleman then promised to come back with a dvd of the documentary. I decided to leave before my blood indeed boiled.

I may have told that story before.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

8 hours ago, Ginko said:

Ha fair enough, I was just kidding but I am curious. I have no intention of spending any money at the moment.

A pair of 1970's British made Leak speakers in teak.

Price started rising so I bailed out.

The obvious trick is remembering that you need to be able to sell for a higher number than you bought for. Sounds simple, but people get competitive and find they buy stuff for around  £50 when the going rate is around £50.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Some years back I overheard a conversation in a second hand bookstore, while I was squatting and browsing the lower shelves (predominantly occupied by those old Penguin paperbacks & French and Russian writers), between an older gentleman and the owner. The older gentleman claimed that asparagus would cure his cancer, and he had stopped visiting his GP because he watched a documentary online which informed him, to his horror, that doctors were in cahoots with pharmaceutical companies, and they all just wanted money. The owner, somewhat dishearteningly, didn't stop the older gentleman in is tracks but seemed to agree that medical care was all a big racket. The older gentleman then promised to come back with a dvd of the documentary. I decided to leave before my blood indeed boiled.

I may have told that story before.

I bet the shopkeeper never got that DVD.

Â