Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Bo-IGd0CIAAWF1-.jpg

I don't normally follow the modern craze for taking photo's of food and sticking them on twitbook or whatever.

But we've had a lovely walk over the beach starting off at the wonderful quiet beach that not many appear to know about and then walking across to the busy touristy beach and stopping for coffee at Marco's.

It warms my cockles to see that even though the island is getting back to being popular it's Marco's place that is still packing in the punters. New corporate / franchise cafes and coffee shops are beginning to crowd in but the only place that was full was the independent place owned and run by the people working behind the counter.

• Like 1

Family rules. I buy 4 different cakes and I make sure I'd happily eat any of them. Then the others get to choose what they want and I eat the one that's left.

Today was:

Carrot cake - which was excellent

Walnut cake - which was excellent

Victoria Sponge - which was excellent

Chocolate cake - which was insane, properly gooey wet in the middle, excellent

everyone a winner

Bo-IGd0CIAAWF1-.jpg

I don't normally follow the modern craze for taking photo's of food and sticking them on twitbook or whatever.

But we've had a lovely walk over the beach starting off at the wonderful quiet beach that not many appear to know about and then walking across to the busy touristy beach and stopping for coffee at Marco's.

It warms my cockles to see that even though the island is getting back to being popular it's Marco's place that is still packing in the punters. New corporate / franchise cafes and coffee shops are beginning to crowd in but the only place that was full was the independent place owned and run by the people working behind the counter.

Jesus, I'm so envious.

Bo-IGd0CIAAWF1-.jpg

I'm impressed , I didn't think knives and forks had it made it into Wales yet ...

Yeah yeah, you guys keep thinking that way, best you all go to Padstow and pay £1,200 a week to be crushed by all the other superior sais queuing to pay £25 for fish n chips and not getting to sleep until 3:00am when the college kids finally pass out.  :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it's just Barry Island, nothing grand or up its self 10 miles down the coast from Cardiff. It's been a real basket case but is now getting it's act together and is on the up. I like it anyway, and having worked in Redditch and Bromsgrove for the last 6 years I can say hand on heart I'm not considering tripling my mortgage to move away from the beaches and my triple garage and my 80 metre long garden.

I'm impressed , I didn't think knives and forks had it made it into Wales yet ...

I did recently eat in a restaurant that had plastic sporks so people couldn't use the cutlery as weapons - and that was in Surrey!

I did recently eat in a restaurant that had plastic sporks so people couldn't use the cutlery as weapons - and that was in Surrey!

That sounds like Chertsey , they are Neanderthals there :)

Will do.

I'm finding it odd that a few people on here keep referring to me by my real full name. Its a bit unnerving. Like, someone could track me down or something.

*twitches nets*

*twitches Richards curtains*

• Like 1

Â