Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Going to Germany (Cologne) this Thursday for a relatives 50th birthday, should be a good laugh

i went there once, the place stunk

That'll be the eau de colon.

Edited by mjmooney

Portland, Maine voted to legalize recreational marijuana today  :thumb:

Wonderful news!!

Another state/City falls, the prohibition and lies are being slowly eroded away :)

Only a matter of time before other states see the massive profits from legalization and go that way too.

It's good to see this progressive step, certainly wasn't going to happen in the UK. 

Uruguay also leading the way, when they legalized it in August 

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 2

Great news, but I'm a bit confused. Isn't the making/repealing of such laws the prerogative of the state legislatures? Never knew cities/counties had the autonomy to legalise marijuana for themselves.

Great news, but I'm a bit confused. Isn't the making/repealing of such laws the prerogative of the state legislatures? Never knew cities/counties had the autonomy to legalise marijuana for themselves.

Yep, the governor (Tea Party mental case) will probably not let it stand, but it's a good start, symbolically at least.

Yep, the governor (Tea Party mental case) will probably not let it stand, but it's a good start, symbolically at least.

"Fray-dom, fray-dom!"

Maine has already legalized medical marijuana statewide. Imagine that, legalizing a plant.

Well Stepan laboratories are the only U.S. corporation legally allowed to import the coca leaf, which they then sell to Coca Cola once the cocaine has been extracted 'for medical use ;) '.

I suspect it's a case of the city has told the police (who are employed by the city) to not enforce the state laws against recreational marijuana. Chances are the staties have better things to do than go to Portland to bust people, so that makes it de facto legal.

Â