Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy 'marking' Marquis for the winning goal was number 34, which is Lowton.

I know the ITV pundits mentioned Clark but he wasn't actually directly at fault for either goals last night.

Needed to beef up at the start of the season.

Still needs to or will continue disappointing.

You cannot have a centre half who loses the majority of his headers. ATM Baker is better.

to be fair, you don't know what you're talking about, mate, you're just guessing.

Clark wins 58% of his headers so you are precisely wrong. 

Clark wins a greater percentage of his headers than Rio Ferdinand and Johnny Evans of Man Utd. 

He wins about the same % of his headers as Vincent Kompany of Man City (59%).

Stop criticising our players for things top players wouldn't be criticised for.

to be fair, you don't know what you're talking about, mate, you're just guessing.

Clark wins 58% of his headers so you are precisely wrong. 

Clark wins a greater percentage of his headers than Rio Ferdinand and Johnny Evans of Man Utd. 

He wins about the same % of his headers as Vincent Kompany of Man City (59%).

Stop criticising our players for things top players wouldn't be criticised for.

More importantly, no other centre half has conceded more goals than him this season. That's a stat worth criticising for. I don't see what he offers. I wish Baker could stay fit because Clark is at the root to a lot of our problems. 

Statistically the best defender in the league.

Don't be silly.

Tomaszk said Clark loses the "majority of his headers". He made a statistical claim that was untrue.

When you look at the actual statistic, it turns out Tomaszk was lying. Unintentionally, for sure, probably going off a personal estimate, but what he said was in fact a lie.

Clark is not so shit he loses the majority of his headers he is in fact better in the air than two Champions League defenders.

That doesn't make Clark a Champions League defender - Ferdinand and Evans are better decision-makers, and better at many other things. Defending is more than just a heading competition.

A lot of shit is said about our players that is totally untrue that doesn't help anyone understand what our team is like and where our team is going.

A centre half that loses 4/10 headers is a lot of headers to be losing. 

What's your point though? I've proved that it is typical for Champions League CBs - Kompany, Ferdinand, Evans - to lose 4/10 headers.

Yes, I'm pleased Vlaar wins 71% of his headers (one of the best CBs in the league for this, if not the best) but simply winning 71% of headers doesn't make you a Champions League CB.

Â