Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

I think last season I was definitely more of a Baker fan than Clark.

This season that has clearly reversed, Baker is starting to look quite clumsy whereas Clark looks meaner and more assured. As with others think we can put both down to the vagaries of form that come at this age.

I actually think he's done better than I expected at LB the last couple of games, clearly it doesn't suit him but I've seen him play much much worse there in years gone by. I winced when I first saw us put him there but he hasn't let anyone down.

I thought clark was 1 of our best players against Cardiff and has been all season.

When Gabby plays in front of him he gets more protection as the opposition right back is less likely to push further up the pitch.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling him our best player of the season might be a bit of a stretch, but hes deffinetly top 5 and i guess he would take the spot for the most improved player this year, hes really stepped his game up since last season, now all i want to see is MOAR

• Like 1

Another good performance today. Turning in to a very good defender.

His reading of the game one time in the first half today, when he stepped up to play off side from a ball over the top shows that he is maturing into what we expected 2-3 years back. Been our best player all season.

Another good performance today. Turning in to a very good defender.

His reading of the game one time in the first half today, when he stepped up to play off side from a ball over the top shows that he is maturing into what we expected 2-3 years back. Been our best player all season.

CC is beginning to fulfill his potential as a centre half. More cultured on the ball than either Vlaar or Baker but needs that type of player alongside him to compliment his game. Never a left back though!

Not for me, thought he was poor...Vlaar was very good however.And you're the one who thinks Bennett is awful Anty?

Im not the only one who thinks hes awful. Besides what did Clarke do wrong today besides keeping a clean sheet and never giving the ball away? Ie u think he was poor, u have to back it up with a reason

Well there was the time in the 1st half when Fletcher was running at him, he backed off, backed off, backed off , until Fletcher got into the penalty area, it rebounded a bit, the Sland player scored but was given offside, but only just.A good defendr would have realised that Fletcher has no pace, and confrontedhim well before he got into the penalty area.I don't rate Clark at all, he was'nt bad today, but Sland are'nt very good, we'll see how he gets on in the next 2 games.

Have to say though that if Okores remained fit, then he would'nt have been in the side anyway.

I'm a fan of Ciaran, but I have to admit he hasn't been quite as good after his illness (that kept him out for one game) as he was before it. He has still been good enough, and clearly better than Baker.

Edited by AVTuco

Well there was the time in the 1st half when Fletcher was running at him, he backed off, backed off, backed off , until Fletcher got into the penalty area, it rebounded a bit, the Sland player scored but was given offside, but only just.A good defendr would have realised that Fletcher has no pace, and confrontedhim well before he got into the penalty area.I don't rate Clark at all, he was'nt bad today, but Sland are'nt very good, we'll see how he gets on in the next 2 games.

Have to say though that if Okores remained fit, then he would'nt have been in the side anyway.

Well your entitled to your opinion and i respect it. Just one thing though, sunderland were well off side in that incident. Wasn't even close

Another good performance today. Turning in to a very good defender. His reading of the game one time in the first half today, when he stepped up to play off side from a ball over the top shows that he is maturing into what we expected 2-3 years back. Been our best player all season.

Not sure if I agree he's been our best player all season, but I'm happy to read he is respected. Fair play HeyAnty.

Another good performance today. Turning in to a very good defender. His reading of the game one time in the first half today, when he stepped up to play off side from a ball over the top shows that he is maturing into what we expected 2-3 years back. Been our best player all season.

Not sure if I agree he's been our best player all season, but I'm happy to read he is respected. Fair play HeyAnty.

Who u think is our best player is thus far, it has to be a defender with the clean sheets we are keeping surely?

Gave away a few needless free kicks. I have no problem with him as a stand in - but not a great fan TBH. Agree that Vlaar was very good today.

Â