Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been pretty critical of Ciaran in the past but fair play to the lad he is doing well this season. Seems to have cut out a bit of the fancy dan stuff and is now happy just to kick the ball out/clear his lines when need be rather than trying to play his way out of trouble.

I've been pretty critical of Ciaran in the past but fair play to the lad he is doing well this season. Seems to have cut out a bit of the fancy dan stuff and is now happy just to kick the ball out/clear his lines when need be rather than trying to play his way out of trouble.

Totally agree Mark yet there were several fans around me today that were slagging him off for putting the ball out when clearing up. 

Been playing pretty well. I'm getting slightly aggro because he keeps either hoofing it or kicking it out, but to be fair i'd rather him do that, than dawdle on the ball and gift it to an opposition player. (ala City last season) 

If okore was healthy it could have been a Clark and Okore pairing. Given the way Clark is playing we could have been extremely solid as we now have Bacuna who I believe is better defensively than lowton. Clark's has improved drastically and it's great to watch his progress as a player.

Obviously he's been told to cut out the fancy stuff around our own box and he's listened to become a no nonsense CB very much in the mould of a Dunne or Collins which has also made us more solid at the back and long may it continue.

Â