Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with Clark as back up defender in case of injury - I don't doubt over a couple of games he will do ok for us. But is he the long term answer at CB - I think not. I just hope that when his performances dip he is taken out of the firing line  and we don't get into a situation where he can play poorly week in week out ..and yet still be one of the first names on the sheet.

I don't think Clark will ever be a stand out centre-back.

I don't think his physicality is the problem either, I think his problem is mental.

I don't doubt that he will have very good games at centre-back for us but, he will revert to type in games where he is pressured.

By revert to type, I mean he will continue to dive in and spend most of his time on his backside, instead of shepherding players into non-productive area's.

He could learn from someone like Jores Okore but, the question is, is he willing to learn from someone who is two or three years his junior, somehow I doubt it. 

I don't think his physicality is the problem either, I think his problem is mental.

I don't doubt that he will have very good games at centre-back for us but, he will revert to type in games where he is pressured.

By revert to type, I mean he will continue to dive in and spend most of his time on his backside, instead of shepherding players into non-productive area's.

He could learn from someone like Jores Okore but, the question is, is he willing to learn from someone who is two or three years his junior, somehow I doubt it.

I dont think he has anything to learn from Okore?

I find that statement odd given how we have seen Okore for about 120 mins and now we wont see him until next season. Okore could turn out to be shite.

• Like 1

I find that statement odd given how we have seen Okore for about 120 mins and now we wont see him until next season. Okore could turn out to be shite.

That was my first thought when I read that post tbh

That was my first thought when I read that post tbh

Whole post was trash

Worst poem ever.

comicbookguy1.gif

• Like 2

He's got stronger.

He's got better.

Simple.

Still work to do, but now he has at least a base to work from; you cannot play at centre half in professional football if you get shoved around as much as he did.

Â