Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

This is the match thread. Please do not use this for questions about streams, post those in another thread as they are then easier for everyone to find.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

Please don't use this thread for ratings or reactions.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should see more of a reserve team. Vienna really aren't anything special.

A team like...

Guzan

Lichaj-Dunne-Clark-Beye

Albrighton-Coker-Bannan-Downing

Gabby-Weimann

If it's not a good result, then we can always play the first team at VP and batter them :)

Mcdonald has said that there'll be a few changes for this one.

I don't think Albrighton will start as Mcdonald has already said that he'll struggle to play every game this season.

Milner's gone, and I dont think Ireland will be ready in time to play.

Therefore

Friedel

Beye Clark Dunne Warnock

Bannan Coker Petrov Downing

Young

Heskey

I dont think he'll want to change the formation or positioning of any of his players greatly, particularly not Young.

Friedel

Young Clark Dunne Warnock

Albrighton Reo-Coker Petrov Downing

Young

Carew

Ireland to be brought on 20 mins to go for Reo-Coker or Petrov.

Gabby to get 20 mins for Carew if he's fit otherwise Delfouneso or Weimann

Does anyone know what the squad is? The bbc interview with Mcdonald stated that quite a few first teamers had been left behind.
Found this on the OS

Brad Friedel, Brad Guzan, Elliott Parish, Eric Lichaj, Stephen Warnock, Ciaran Clark, Curtis Davies, Nathan Baker, Isaiah Osbourne, Habib Beye, Nigel Reo-Coker, Barry Bannan, Stewart Downing, Marc Albrighton, James Collins Jnr, Nathan Delfouneso, Shane Lowry, Emile Heskey, Jonathan Hogg, Andreas Weimann

Hmmm.

I was expecting this, Dunne is suspended a ban which he picked up 2 years ago in the Europe League, Gabby, Collins, Delph and Cuellar as injured.

It is only Stiliyan Petrov, Ashley Young, Luke Young, John Carew and Steven Sidwell that have been left behind from our first team.

I was expecting this, Dunne is suspended a ban which he picked up 2 years ago in Europe.

Gabby, Collins, Delph and Cuellar as injured.

It is only Stiliyan Petrov, Ashley Young, Luke Young, John Carew and Steven Sidwell that have been left behind from our first team.

Does anyone know what the squad is? The bbc interview with Mcdonald stated that quite a few first teamers had been left behind.
Found this on the OS

Brad Friedel, Brad Guzan, Elliott Parish, Eric Lichaj, Stephen Warnock, Ciaran Clark, Curtis Davies, Nathan Baker, Isaiah Osbourne, Habib Beye, Nigel Reo-Coker, Barry Bannan, Stewart Downing, Marc Albrighton, James Collins Jnr, Nathan Delfouneso, Shane Lowry, Emile Heskey, Jonathan Hogg, Andreas Weimann

Hmmm.

Wow that's quite a reduced team with injuries and omissions. If K-Mac can get a good result with that team then fair play to the fella. I hope some of those players grasp their chance.

I think i would go for a mixture of youth and experience, something along the lines of:

-------------------Guzan------------------------

------Beye - Clark - Davies - Warnock-------

-Albrighton - Reo-Coker - Bannan - Downing-

------------Heskey - Delfouneso----------------

Found this on the OS

Hmmm.

MON out. Oh...

Seriosuly, if there's anyone who knows if these boys are ready or not, it's MacDonald.

------------------Guzan--------------

Beye--------Davies-----Clark---Warnock

Albrighton - Reo Coker-Downing---Bannan

----------------Delfouneso-------------

------------------Heskey---------------

I've got one complaint though. Where's Salifou?