Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I think offering GH a contract until the end of May would be a bit of an insult, unless GH has specifically requested that himself so that he can make sure his health is up to it. If you're going to appoint someone, just have confidence and do it. If they're that bad, sack them. But no half hearted gestures, please.
im' not his biggest fan,but i have to agree,if you're going to appoint a manager he needs to get the full backing of Randy.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way on this earth that Houllier is going to uproot his family and move to a different country for 9 months worth of work. He is no doubt well off already so its not like he is desperate for work.

Im happy, i think he will do well for us. Martin Jol could have flopped if he came over.

Hell...with Houllier in charge we might get a foriegn signing! :D

If it is GH I hope he only gets a contract until the end of May. Then we can asses how well he has done and if he should stay on or if we should go get Martin Jol or someone else.

I'm wondering has Jol achieved more or less in the game than Houllier?

If it is GH I hope he only gets a contract until the end of May. Then we can asses how well he has done and if he should stay on or if we should go get Martin Jol or someone else.

Less, by some considerable margin.

I dont quite get why people seem to have this fixation with Jol. I for one would have Houllier over Jol all day long

I don't know the answer to that question, but for me it's not all about accolades.

I look at Jol's managerial techniques and I look at the type of squad we have and the two are a near perfect match. We need some of the way he managed Tottenham to get our players firing on all cylinders.

There is no way on this earth that Houllier is going to uproot his family and move to a different country for 9 months worth of work. He is no doubt well off already so its not like he is desperate for work.

Im happy, i think he will do well for us. Martin Jol could have flopped if he came over.

Hell...with Houllier in charge we might get a foriegn signing! :D

Maybe we'll get Diarra from Real Madrid! He used to play for him at Lyon..

:winkold: dreaming..

... and if you were being offered the job with that track record would you see it as a vote of confidence in your appointment if your new boss was only prepared to give you a go for 9 months? I know what I'd do if someone did that to me.

No we just say that we give our managers rolling contracts, like MON had. Houllier has been out of the game for a few years and he did a poor job at Lyon and left Liverpool with many poor quality players that resulted in a 5th placed finish the season after he left despite the aquisition of a player as good as Alonso.

Houllier can be good and he can be poor. We simply don't know and I'd feel better knowing that he can be let go if we have an average season. Before he does more damage in the transfer market.

I just want Jol and think we can get him next summer is all. Why settle for the best of an average bunch when we don't really have to.

... and if you were being offered the job with that track record would you see it as a vote of confidence in your appointment if your new boss was only prepared to give you a go for 9 months? I know what I'd do if someone did that to me.

No we just say that we give our managers rolling contracts, like MON had. Houllier has been out of the game for a few years and he did a poor job at Lyon and left Liverpool with many poor quality players that resulted in a 5th placed finish the season after he left despite the aquisition of a player as good as Alonso.

Houllier can be good and he can be poor. We simply don't know and I'd feel better knowing that he can be let go if we have an average season. Before he does more damage in the transfer market.

I just want Jol and think we can get him next summer is all. Why settle for the best of an average bunch when we don't really have to.

the fsw brought in Alonso.

There are a list of managers who have achieved more in the game than both combined but who we would go mental if we appointed.

I know that and it was implied in my post if you read it correctly.

There are a list of managers who have achieved more in the game than both combined but who we would go mental if we appointed.

That shows it is all about views, doesn't it? I think Houllier might surprise a few people.

The thing is that team that finished 5th also won the Champions League that year? So I think that nullifies your argument! Also Houllier won back to back titles the two years he was there, the second by a record amount!

I know that and it was implied in my post if you read it correctly.

sorry my apologies CV..

Give it up...Jol is not coming!!!

What do you mean ''when we dont have to'' ?

I don't think GH is average either - his record is good.

The thing is that team that finished 5th also won the Champions League that year? So I think that nullifies your argument! Also Houllier won back to back titles the two years he was there, the second by a record amount!

The League never lies. Being insanely lucky in the Champions League does lie.

They never beat Chelsea, they had 6/7 minutes of madness against Milan and were totally outplayed for the rest of the game and they needed a late goal to get out of the group stages.

No the complete shambles that was their Premier League campaign shows they were a poor side.

Houllier has been out of the game for a few years and he did a poor job at Lyon

Won the league both years, didn't he?

I know that's like winning the league in Scotland with Celtic but still, not like he messed it up. In your post directly before this you've said 'the league never lies' after all.

Jol appears to be flavour of the month. His CV is far less impressive than Houllier's.